Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi looking to get my first MDX. Got a quote from a local dealer in NE FL. '18 SW AWD Base, no packages, for $41k + TTL. MSRP is $47,195. Haven't discuss possible trade in of my '13 Honda Pilot Touring yet (waiting to get a quote from CarMax). If Acura can give me within a $1k of Carmax, I'll even out to offset the sales tax. What do you guys think of the $41k price for now? Or wise to wait til end of year for '19's to roll out and get an '18 AWD w/ Tech package for a little discount? I'm not in need of any packages nor in a hurry to buy now. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
To me that seems like a pretty good price. That $41k is 13.2% off MSRP. I'm not sure you could do a whole lot better for a new MDX. The tech package was a no brainer for us, we had to have that. I couldn't choke down the $6k price tag to add the advance package too, so I get why you might not value the tech package. For us it was worth it. For what it is worth, we paid 6.7% below MSRP for our new 18 AWD Tech MDX and thought we got a good/fair deal.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I follow a few other forums, and have heard horror stories about dealers in Florida charging "dealer doc fees" or "dealer fees" of $900.00! In essence, some buyers thought they got a great price until the dealer added those fees, than the price was average or a bit high.

I guess Florida does not cap what how much a dealer can charge so it is different at different dealers. Here in Ohio, the fee is capped at $250.00.

Some states are even lower such as New York where I believe it is only $80.00.

Just curious if your price included dealer fees or not.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Florida dealers won’t negotiate on those dealer fees. They do admit that part of it is profit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd say do it, I know for a fact that the MDX SH-AWD invoice is $44,772.56, and with all incentives they tend to sell around $44,523. That is one heck of a deal, of course NE FL dealers look to get rid of the AWD vehicles now that all the snow birds are gone.

I know the two dealers in NE FL, both charge dealer fees ($799 for one and $899 for the other) and there's really nothing you can do about it.

And on the plus side one of those dealers is literally next door to Carmax, if Acura doesn't offer the desired amount you could sell to Carmax and do the deal, but then you'll be eating the offset in sales tax.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got it! $40,899 plus $1,100 in options. They matched the carmax offer at $14k so I saved on taxes as well. Thanks for input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts