Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone! I have an 2018 MDX with 20,500 miles on it. I bought it new. In the past couple of months I have noticed it shifting hard to the point that I look in the rear view to see if someone has bumped me from behind. This hard shifts occurs around 30-40 mph in slow moving traffic/neighborhood driving after the transmission heats up. It also only occurs in normal mode never in comfort or sport. I have taken it to the dealership and was told this is normal, and to just drive it in the other modes. Anyone else have this happening? What other routes can you take to get this issue solved because it is definitely not normal? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Everyone! I have an 2018 MDX with 20,500 miles on it. I bought it new. In the past couple of months I have noticed it shifting hard to the point that I look in the rear view to see if someone has bumped me from behind. This hard shifts occurs around 30-40 mph in slow moving traffic/neighborhood driving after the transmission heats up. It also only occurs in normal mode never in comfort or sport. I have taken it to the dealership and was told this is normal, and to just drive it in the other modes. Anyone else have this happening? What other routes can you take to get this issue solved because it is definitely not normal? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mine 2018 MDX Tech SH-AWD also has the same problem. I also noticed that when I first got it new. I addressed the problem to the service manager when I brought my car in the dealership for a oil change, and I was also told that is normal. I am going tell them about this problem again when my next oil change is due. My back up camera stays when in the Drive mode, and I have to stop the vehicles to fix it by selecting the parking and Drive mode. Do you experience the same problem too?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Search in the thread for jerky ride or judder or transmission issue for any Acura’s build after 2007 and higher. All have this major issue which what you reported but Acura will never accept the faulty design. Many people don’t have any clue that they have issue in their car as they don’t drive in traffic. Keep posting everywhere about your issue. Complain and complain... Enjoy dumb design Acura MDX. I own 2014 mdx.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Search in the thread for jerky ride or judder or transmission issue for any Acura’s build after 2007 and higher. All have this major issue which what you reported but Acura will never accept the faulty design. Many people don’t have any clue that they have issue in their car as they don’t drive in traffic. Keep posting everywhere about your issue. Complain and complain... Enjoy dumb design Acura MDX. I own 2014 mdx.
My 2018 Acura MDX Tech package got the same problems! Brought it to the dealer and was told by the service guy there’s nothing wrong with it. Everything’s normal! Today I dropped off and have them to check again should be ready to by late afternoon tomorrow. I also addressed the backup camera freeze at times. It stays on even when in the D mode. Let’s see what they will say!

·
Registered
1 Posts
  • I have been complaining to my dealer and customer relations about my 2019 transmission too. They gave me the same answers. Not happy at all. For a car if this caliber this is BS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 Acura MDX Tech package got the same problems! Brought it to the dealer and was told by the service guy there’s nothing wrong with it. Everything’s normal! Today I dropped off and have them to check again should be ready to by late afternoon tomorrow. I also addressed the backup camera freeze at times. It stays on even when in the D mode. Let’s see what they will say!

I also have my 2016 Acura MDX. I think we have a common issue here and same answer we've got from them, how disappointing. hope to find a solution for this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts