Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Did they change the parking sensor thing for 2019? I only ask because I have the 2019 tech and I swear it beeps when I reverse too close to an object, and tells me in the MID if I pull forward too close to something. Maybe I’m imagining it in my memory...
Parking sensor is standard on Tech trim for 2019, but earlier year model is only standard on Advanced trim or add-on option for other trims.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Did they change the parking sensor thing for 2019? I only ask because I have the 2019 tech and I swear it beeps when I reverse too close to an object, and tells me in the MID if I pull forward too close to something. Maybe I’m imagining it in my memory...
Walk to the back of the car and see if you have sensors. It’s pretty obvious. Little circles in the bumper. Also a button on the left side of the dash to turn them on and off.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Parking sensor is standard on Tech trim for 2019, but earlier year model is only standard on Advanced trim or add-on option for other trims.
I didn’t know that. Makes the advance even less of a value. It must cost a lot for the 360 view. It’s hard to know any difference with the ventilated seats.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didn’t know that. Makes the advance even less of a value. It must cost a lot for the 360 view. It’s hard to know any difference with the ventilated seats.
Hmm, there must be some additional sensors in the advance package still, then, because I get three rear view options but no birds-eye 360 view. And only a forward object warning on the MID (words displayed), no camera view in the center screens.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I only see few additional options standout on Advanced trim: 360 degree view, front ventilated seats (nice add-on for the hot summer), auto-dim side mirror & HUD. But not enough to convince me to spend extra 6K.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I only see few additional options standout on Advanced trim: 360 degree view, front ventilated seats (nice add-on for the hot summer), auto-dim side mirror & HUD. But not enough to convince me to spend extra 6K.
Are the exterior things my Tech is missing just add-on options at any level? I had assumed the reason I don’t have roof rails and side-steps is because I didn’t spring for the Advance. Those two things plus ventilated seats (I live in FL) were the only things I wanted that I didn’t get...and I’m adding OEM rails and steps soon.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Are the exterior things my Tech is missing just add-on options at any level? I had assumed the reason I don’t have roof rails and side-steps is because I didn’t spring for the Advance. Those two things plus ventilated seats (I live in FL) were the only things I wanted that I didn’t get...and I’m adding OEM rails and steps soon.
In addition of what I mention earlier, roof rail and fog lights are standard for advance trim (from exterior) and you get captain seats (with heated feature) instead of bench seat (unless it has entertainment package). Side-steps (running board) is optional for all trim. For your case, you won't able to add ventilated seats, but everything else could be added afterward.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The 360 view is nice. I barely notice the ventilated seats. My wife liked the looks of the seats. Plus we needed the advance to get the parking sensors.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts