Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a call from my Acura dealer letting me know I should bring the MDX Hybrid in for Safety Sensor Software Update. I don't see an open recall? Does anyone have details on this one?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
There is a new TSB 20-039 - Emissions Recall: 2017-20 MDX Sport Hybrid Odd Gear Monitor Software Update. Did the letter give you any details or TSB number?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a new TSB 20-039 - Emissions Recall: 2017-20 MDX Sport Hybrid Odd Gear Monitor Software Update. Did the letter give you any details or TSB number?
No, received a call from the dealer, no letter yet. Suspect your info on the Emissions is it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
My dealer just called and left VM for the transmission software update as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mum's the word here. I have a 2018 MDX Hybrid. A couple of months ago, at 27K miles, Acura did a warranty replacement of the transmission. It was making weird buzzing noises between 1500 and 2000 RPM, and occasionally making herky-jerky shifts.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Have not received mine yet.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Took my 19 MDX in for B16 service and ask them about the TSB #20-039. They did the update to my MDX after the oil changes. I went ahead and dropped off m 18 RLX hybrid to do the same update. Planning to head out of town this week to hang out at the Grand Canyon and Sedona for a long weekend in the MDX. I didn't have any issues with either vehicle before the TSB. I will see if there any differences after the update.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So this is not a recall? It's being referred to here, as both a recall and a TSB.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So this is not a recall? It's being referred to here, as both a recall and a TSB.
A TSB is an internal document that explains the procedure needed to correct a defect, whether it is a recall or not. If this is a recall, an Acura TSB will tell the technicians how to perform the repair.

A recall is a mandatory repair on vehicles affected by a safety problem, and will always be free, even for vehicles out of warranty as mandated by the NHTSA. A TSB is internal to the manufacturer that shows technicians how to address a non-safety related problem, and because it is not essential to the safety of the vehicle, the repairs may not be covered if your vehicle is out of warranty.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I don't know if the TSB fix would be free for out of warranty vehicles? I'm still under the 4/50k basic warranty for both vehicles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the Title, Guess it is really a "Service Bulleting regarding a "Recall"

Service Bulletin 20-039 September 15, 2020 Version 1 Emissions Recall: 2017−20 MDX Sport Hybrid Odd Gear Monitor Software Update

1 - 12 of 12 Posts