Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of the release of the 2018 Hybrid models, my Dad was able to submit a Costco pricing request yesterday for one. The dealer said Costco pricing is $500 above invoice (not great compared to past Costco deals, but not bad). However, there is no indication what invoice is, and Edmunds (my normal source) doesn't have it either. Has anyone heard what invoice pricing might be or when it might be known?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I didn't keep my shopping records, but I think my 2017 Hybrid Advance invoice was $55.7K. I tried the Costco program last Sep and it was only $350 off the MSRP. That was a big disappointment. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The change in MSRP from 2017->2018 was $140 for Technology and $150 for Advance. Extrapolating a similar change to the invoice price would give us:

$48,903 Technology Package
$54,572 Advance Package

Those are just estimates, but I'd bet they're quite close to the actual figures.

Once you find a dealer with the unit you want to negotiate on, you can always ask to see the invoice. I've never been refused that request.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Costco Auto lists the 2018 Hybrid with Technology package with a $49,889 invoice (including $995 destination). Advance package has a $55,558 invoice.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
While I love Costco,the auto buying program is for people who don’t like to negotiate. If you like to negotiate,Costco is a starting point. Some people don’t like to haggle but they don’t want to be the one who pays list price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Costco Auto lists the 2018 Hybrid with Technology package with a $49,889 invoice (including $995 destination). Advance package has a $55,558 invoice.
My dad ended up taking an offer for $55,895, which is actually lower than the Costco price he was offered elsewhere (which would have been $56,058 based on the quoted invoice). Best part is they don't have to travel across state to pick it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts