Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just purchased a certified pre-owned 2017 MDX (elite model with remote start keyless fob and push button gear shifter) and am having issues getting the engine to start. With gear in "park" and my foot on brake pedal (with adequate pressure), I then press the engine start/stop button but the engine does not turn on; instead it kicks into what seems to be the accessory mode. The dash screen shows what normally appears when in accessory mode (displays the P for park and radio plays), but the brake pedal instantly seizes up and becomes rock hard to the point I can't press down on it at all. If I press the engine start stop button a 2nd time the image to "press brake & push start button" appears, but brake pedal remains rock hard and engine still does not start. I must then cycle through with foot off brake pedal until it goes into "off" mode and try again. Sometimes the engine will start after cycling through the above mentioned steps 3 or 4 times, and other times I've had to lock & unlock car with fob and then try to start new (but that doesn't always do the trick either). It appears the signal of my putting pressure on brake pedal is not being relayed and car goes straight to accessory mode. I've only had the vehicle for 1 week, and this issue has occurred almost every 2nd or 3rd time I go to start it (after always turning it off properly: foot on brake, press park then press engine start/stop button and all shuts off). I've brought it back to dealership today, but they couldn't replicate the issue after several attempts, so they will keep it for a couple of days and try to replicate what I've been experiencing. The contact switch is normal, no error messages show, and I was told that gear shifter cannot be out of alignment since it is a button press model. Any thoughts on why this is happening? Why engine isn't turning on, and instead going into what appears to be the accessory mode with the brake pedal instantly seizing up?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts