Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2017 base model, is a new antenna needed to install remote start? The OEM remote start (38015-TZ5-A30) instructions say antenna sold separately, but my base model already has the “shark fin” antenna shown in the instructions. The dealership says I’ll need a new antenna, but can’t explain why.

When I look up replacement antennas for the advance and base models, it is the same part number (39150-TZ6-A11ZC) - which only adds to my confusion. Can anyone provide some help?

·
Registered
39 Posts
On a 2017 base model, is a new antenna needed to install remote start? The OEM remote start (38015-TZ5-A30) instructions say antenna sold separately, but my base model already has the “shark fin” antenna shown in the instructions. The dealership says I’ll need a new antenna, but can’t explain why.

When I look up replacement antennas for the advance and base models, it is the same part number (39150-TZ6-A11ZC) - which only adds to my confusion. Can anyone provide some help?

Yes antenna needed for MDX base model.. Also the part number you listed is Discontinued.. Not sure why it list as discontinued in .acurapartswarehouse.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. So I assume that means the base model antenna is different than the advance model antenna. But I still don’t understand why it’s the same part # to replace it for both models.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Its not the same as the Shark antenna. Its different and fits inside the hatch if I remember it right...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. So I assume that means the base model antenna is different than the advance model antenna. But I still don’t understand why it’s the same part # to replace it for both models.
Hi, curious what you found out about needing the additional antenna for the remote start?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was led to believe there were TWO antennas, by the dealer. Both replaced since I was having key fob recognition issues, a known glitch. Un-fixable, it seems, with my 17 Advance. The weird Lexus front end is starting to grow on me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
4theswedes
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing