Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently purchase 2017 MDX. Love the car but the Navigation commands/controls are very difficult and confusing. What's the secret? Have yet to set a destination. Voice recognition locates Montana instead of Nevada.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It does take some time to get used to. I don't use the voice commands however. It's just not something I've tried to figure out.

Something that I do find useful is sending map locations to the vehicle using the Acuralink app.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Live traffic changed - is horrible/nonexistent in mdx hybrid

Beware! Loved my previous 2 MDXs and waited for the hybrid. After numerous calls to Acuralink, dealers, Sirius ... found out that live traffic is now through HDradio. Problem - there is no HD radio station that broadcasts it in Charleston SC - city of 500,000+ Total bait and switch from previous models. I did not get what I paid for. If anyone is considering taking action I'd love to know. It was a major reason for my purchase - and it is not available to me. Also , they way it was described when I was told how it did actually work .... if you are in a city that has the HD radio station it works on .... you have to listen to that station whatever your music preference. Note: the dealer said it seemed nuts and even tried to see if a unit from another car would work ... it didn't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took our hybrid cross country and noticed our iPhone nav taking us different routes due to traffic and acura nav not showing traffic in several major cities along the way. Is that why? Did I have to look for HD stations? We used Sirius the whole time.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
if you are in a city that has the HD radio station it works on .... you have to listen to that station whatever your music preference.
Do you have any evidence to support that statement?

It is my understanding that you do NOT have to be listening to HD Radio for the traffic updates to come through. Yes, the traffic information is broadcast over the HD Radio carrier... But the receiver in the MDX processes this data even if you're listening to another station or audio source.

It is anecdotal, but I live in the Raleigh NC metro area, and I NEVER listen to HD radio. Despite never listening to any radio stations, I do observe the traffic information working on my nav system.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Yeah, I'm calling BS on that too. HD traffic signal is decoded separately from the audio. In fact, I have a Honda that uses HD Traffic but the audio doesn't receive HD radio. ( Doesn't offer that feature ). Whether the HD Traffic system is working properly in an individual vehicle is a different question. Have you checked all settings?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nav traffic was important to me also, and the signal appears randomly- not much use. Maybe I can find a Hd station, but I don’t need nav to dictate my audio choices. I downloaded the here we go app to iPhone and receive traffic on my phone but not on the in dash nav system.
There is something wrong that Acura should address.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts