Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do notice that from first to second it sometimes feels like there's a slight slippage when starting from a complete stop. It's ever so slight but noticeable. I've notice this ever since I bought the car 4 weeks ago. Should I get this checked? I figured that I'm just not use to the power as I came from a 2000 camery v6.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not doubting the poster. However, I have 28000 miles on ours and the software update. The ZF has been around for years. However, this model was built in about 2013.

There has been a recall from other brands as well as the TLX and Pilot, about it shifting into neutral randomly.

I think Acura/Honda should make sure that everyone gets the software update so it doesn't cause future problems. I got mine done right away within the first 5000 miles or so.

Also, Honda motor company hasn't been to successful with their own transmissions. Thus, they've gone to another source.

Lots of well engineered German cars have used and still use ZF transmissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine isn't being replaced as of yet, but I am getting a transmission error from the computer on my 2017 MDX awd tech. Anyone else have this issue? I get a slew of computer errors: Parking brake error, emission error, BLind spot monitoring error, and transimission error. I am hoping this is only a computer glitch and just needs to be reset or loaded. The cars transmission and acceleration feel fine otherwise. This has happened twice so it is a little concerning. I only have 435 miles. I am not a bot! I am leasing this car but it isnt what I had in mind! I would have bought an Audi or VW if I wanted to visit the dealership all the time!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Mine isn't being replaced as of yet, but I am getting a transmission error from the computer on my 2017 MDX awd tech. Anyone else have this issue? I get a slew of computer errors: Parking brake error, emission error, BLind spot monitoring error, and transimission error. I am hoping this is only a computer glitch and just needs to be reset or loaded. The cars transmission and acceleration feel fine otherwise. This has happened twice so it is a little concerning. I only have 435 miles. I am not a bot! I am leasing this car but it isnt what I had in mind! I would have bought an Audi or VW if I wanted to visit the dealership all the time!
It is not possible to actually determine that such an error is actually a transmission error. Unfortunately, with the way the error systems are linked, when one thing goes wrong, it will usually set the rest of the errors off. If you can bring it to the dealer immediately when the error is showing (try not to power down the vehicle, as that can sometimes make the problem go away), they can see it (you will learn that with Honda/Acura, you have to show them each problem) and possibly go about diagnosing it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.