Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner as of August. Has anyone had issues with headlights being too bright? Every 3rd car flashes me and it's gotten to the point I don't want to drive at night. Took it to the service department and they say there is no adjustment for them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Are you sure you don't have your high beams on? I do think they are brighter than most cars especially since its brand new and hasn't fogged up yet.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You can tint the headlights, but I would not recommend it.
If people flash you, you flash back so they know it's not high beams.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm a new owner as of August. Has anyone had issues with headlights being too bright? Every 3rd car flashes me and it's gotten to the point I don't want to drive at night. Took it to the service department and they say there is no adjustment for them.
Please try this from page 170 of owner manual. We can adjust auto light on with "Min" for your case...

:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please try this from page 170 of owner manual. We can adjust auto light on with "Min" for your case...

:surprise:
Umm...this doesn't change the brightness of the headlight. It changes how soon the headlights turn on automatically depending on outdoor lighting. She will still get flashed when the headlights are on. See if you can adjust the beaming angle.

For me I don't get any flashes from oncoming traffic in my 16 MDX especially driving in a heavy traffic city to pitch dark rural areas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Umm...this doesn't change the brightness of the headlight. It changes how soon the headlights turn on automatically depending on outdoor lighting. She will still get flashed when the headlights are on. See if you can adjust the beaming angle.

For me I don't get any flashes from oncoming traffic in my 16 MDX especially driving in a heavy traffic city to pitch dark rural areas.
** However, it does work for my '17 Tech one time... the high beam was automatically turned on when I drove in total dark countryside road!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could be an assembly issue at the plant where they didn't properly aim the headlights, assuming you are sure your brights aren't on.

Check this by going to an empty store parking lot, drive up to a white-ish wall from far away and see how the light pattern shapes up. Should be little light above your 3-4 ' above the ground as you get pretty close.

·
Registered
27 Posts
** However, it does work for my '17 Tech one time... the high beam was automatically turned on when I drove in total dark countryside road!

That would be your auto-high beam that was added to the newly equipped '17. Auto High-Beam System | 2017 Acura MDX | Acura Owners Site

High beams are often indicated on the dash. More than likely, it's the low beam that is not aligned correctly. If not, it's just some driver who are not use to lights brighter than halogens. For me, I deal with light glare at times due to my PRK laser eye surgery. Maybe some drivers are dealing with nighttime eye glare issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts