Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

2017 MDX Tech Vs Advanced (+Entertainment)

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cardude10 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have decided on MDX 2017 AWD and have to choose between Tech and advanced. I really like the additional features advanced has to offer (luxury and comfort) but since I need 7 seats, forced to add entertainment too that bumps up the price by 9K compared to tech package. Too bad Acura does not offer a the advanced alone with 7 seater :(

I would like to know how the 9K difference would hold up for resale 3 to 5 years down the line. I looked at 2014 models for comparison between adv vs tech and difference seems to be just around 3K which means 6K value will be lost.

Can someone shed some light ? Thanks for the help.

~GS

#2 ·
From personal experience, these package upgrades (tech, ent, and advance) lose most if not all of their value after 3-5 years. You're hardly going to get 1k return on the upgrades after 5 years. That being said, if the features are something then you can't live without, then by all means it is worth it. Personally, I went with the base model since it now comes with almost all of the same features.

#3 ·
Have 2017 adv. ent. Wanted the bells and whistles of the advance and the seat are VASTLY better. Also wanted the entertainment. Dont care down the road.
Although I haven't seen a used MDX for sale that doesn't mention any extras. As a used car value, and all being equal, I would think an optioned vehicle would sell long before a plain jane. IMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.