Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

2017 MDX reverse lights

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  PDXsailor 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2017 tech for the wife and we love it so far. We came from a 14 BMW X3 Msport which we loved but just wanted something a little bigger and the x5 didn't have enough space for us. It seemed like the MDX had much more room....

The only thing I have noticed so far is it seems the reverse lights are not very bright...does anyone else feel like that? Has anyone swapped out the factory lights for aftermarket to make them brighter?

Thanks!!

#7 ·
Those should be good lights. The important thing for the reverse lights is that they have a strong LED on the top, as the clear plastic lens on the car is small and the top of the lamp points directly at it. The job is quite easy. Of all of the lamps to replace, the two that illuminate the rear deck when the rear is open would be at the top of my list. (I have replaced all of the incandescents on my '16.)

The other thing to keep in mind is that the gain of the reverse camera is adjustable by the large navigation knob (when in reverse) so a light upgrade may not be necessary, and if done, may require turning down the gain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.