Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in a dealer to see the new MDX. I asked what they were selling for and she replied "We are selling at MSRP". I said Thats too bad because I dont pay sticker. She then replies well we we do discount, but we just are not discounting today because of limited supply.

What are others paying? True Car and Edmunds are already showing discounting off of MSRP.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's supply and demand based on each region. Check the inventory. If 5 people already pay deposit at MSRP and are waiting for the arrivals, dealers won't discount. If you are in an area where Honda and Acura are popular, best bet is to wait a little and save your time.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Acura sales people and dealers would have to be brain dead to
discount a brand new model in demand this early. If there's ever
a time to attempt to capitalize in that business, this is it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most car sites are suggesting 500 off of MSRP even for the 2017. I plan to wait a few weeks and see what happens.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Most car sites are suggesting 500 off of MSRP even for the 2017. I plan to wait a few weeks and see what happens.
$500 is peanuts and with doc fees, freight and pdi, this can be absorbed....smoke and mirrors. I was referring to a discount worth talking about.

·
Registered
661 Posts
You have to wait until 2016 inventory is cleared out to get a decent deal.

I got ~$4000 off a 2014 Tech+Entertainment in July, 2014. If I tried a month earlier, it would have been MSRP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, new to this forum. I just recently purchased a 2016 MDX SH-AWD with tech package for $43500k plus TTL from a Socal dealership and was wondering what everyone else is getting there MDX for. Looking forward to see who else ride the dealership hard!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey guys, new to this forum. I just recently purchased a 2016 MDX SH-AWD with tech package for $43500k plus TTL from a Socal dealership and was wondering what everyone else is getting there MDX for. Looking forward to see who else ride the dealership hard!
Wrong thread.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I cant seem to build the Sport Hybrid in the Online Page? Is this dealership only? or its coming later?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I, would never pay MSRP, i guess just me. i'm pretty sure if you're serious and on spot, you can get at least $3k off from MSRP.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pretty unlikely to get 3k off MSRP for a car that has barely hit the lot. For 2016s, that's a different matter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I called around and was able to order an Advanced for ~$2400 under MSRP. We placed the order back in April, it was built on June 28th, and should arrive on the west coast around the end of July.

·
Registered
20 Posts
New to the forums here and I've been waiting on the '17s for a few months now. Two seperate dealers in the DC/MD/VA region has quoted me below MSRP. DEALER 1 offered $49,400 for a SH-AWD with Tech. DEALER 2 has offered $800 under MSRP and DEALER 3 stated they would beat anyone else by an addition $500.

Still negotiating and waiting them out. Love the forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2400 off is a good deal. The reality is the only people paying MSRP are the ones who are ok with paying MSRP and really not willing to wait or call around as was the case here.

1 - 20 of 453 Posts