Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some pictures of two 2017 MDX Advance AWD cars today. The sun and shade made it hard to really take good pictures. They ship them w/o fuses and just about nothing electrical worked. I did not have the key to see the new wrap around camera view. I could not open the doors easily or rear end at all. The real wood looked nice. The tires were Continental. I guess the next trip to the dealer I will see them cleaned up and ready to drive. My blue one was accepted by the factory buy will not be here before September. Then I must decide if I really want it.:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Heh notice the paint protection wedged between the taillight and the rear bumper? Looks like it still has issues with the taillight cracking the paint below it. Wood pieces do indeed look nice. I'll keep an eye out for the price of the part to replace the dash pieces on my 16 :).

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is it me or the rear bumper looks kinda weird? Doesn't really blend in with the car? Who would actually get captain's chair in the 2nd row? Don't we all buy this car for the extra seat space?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Yeah a lot of the changes to the exterior add too many blunt or rectangular hard lines to an otherwise round vehicle.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Interesting. Can't wait to see these on the road. I like the new grille. The back bottom haunches look like an aftermarket body kit was put on it.fr

·
Registered
391 Posts
Is it me or the rear bumper looks kinda weird? Doesn't really blend in with the car? Who would actually get captain's chair in the 2nd row? Don't we all buy this car for the extra seat space?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Yep. Space for sure.

·
Registered
426 Posts
One thing I just thought of, how does it look like with the seats down? If there is going to be a bump in the middle where the console is between the captain chairs, that really kills it for me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
One thing I just thought of, how does it look like with the seats down? If there is going to be a bump in the middle where the console is between the captain chairs, that really kills it for me.
It appears from the pictures posted at the top of the thread that when the seats are folded that the middle console is flush and does not have a bump.

·
Registered
499 Posts
We bought our 2014 lease, nothing in the 15, 16, or 17 made us want to get rid of our 14 that has been a great vehicle so far.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It appears from the pictures posted at the top of the thread that when the seats are folded that the middle console is flush and does not have a bump.
Your right, I missed that. I guess you will just have a small gap where the console is smaller than the chairs. You also have to worry about scratching up the console top when loading big boxes or plywood etc. I still hate the idea that it's forced upon you.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Your right, I missed that. I guess you will just have a small gap where the console is smaller than the chairs. You also have to worry about scratching up the console top when loading big boxes or plywood etc. I still hate the idea that it's forced upon you.
I certainly don't like it either out of principal. That said, I think I can count on one hand in the 13.5 years of owning MDXs that we've had someone sit in the middle seat, so I'm not sure how much of a deal breaker it would be for my empty-nest lifestyle.

If anything, we've on more than one occasion pulled up one of the third row seats to separate people if we have 3+ people sitting in back. No one likes to sit b*tch :) .

Still, why not make the console removable and a removable jump-seat an option? I noticed that even with the console, the middle seat belt is still there in the ceiling.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I certainly don't like it either out of principal. That said, I think I can count on one hand in the 13.5 years of owning MDXs that we've had someone sit in the middle seat, so I'm not sure how much of a deal breaker it would be for my empty-nest lifestyle.

If anything, we've on more than one occasion pulled up one of the third row seats to separate people if we have 3+ people sitting in back. No one likes to sit b*tch :) .

Still, why not make the console removable and a removable jump-seat an option? I noticed that even with the console, the middle seat belt is still there in the ceiling.
Your right. I feel like they will make it optional next year, just like they did with the forced entertainment on the advance in '14. I barely need the 5 seats even with a family of 5 as we travel mostly in my wifes Sienna, but there are times when we travel together and need the trunk for luggage. That would eliminate this car as an option for travel because of the forced bench. Having the kids forced separated would be great though as all they do is poke and nag each other when seated so close.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for the pics, lindros2. That color with those 20" rims look really nice. I prefer the new front end, compared to the 2014 -2016.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Any changes to the center dash screens - resolution etc.?
It's funny you ask - we were going to talk to the sales guy, but I didn't want a pitch and had to get our kids. I really wanted to see if it was faster/different, since that's a critical piece of feedback from 2014-2016 owners.

So my sincere apologies - dunno.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts