Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2017 MDX.

When I connect my iphone to the Ipod connection and try and play music, I can not select songs from the entertainment system. When I am able to select a song, I can not play the song from the entertainment system. Frequently, I have to open the music app on my phone and either select the song or play it.

Any thoughts on how to fix it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've seen non-Apple iPod/iPhone cables cause a bunch of issues. Are you sure you're using the cable that came with your phone or at least an Apple cable? Also, maybe confirm that you're selecting iPod for the audio source.

You can use Bluetooth as the source as well but there's a significant lag.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I just purchased a 2017 MDX.

When I connect my iphone to the Ipod connection and try and play music, I can not select songs from the entertainment system. When I am able to select a song, I can not play the song from the entertainment system. Frequently, I have to open the music app on my phone and either select the song or play it.

Any thoughts on how to fix it?
I have a 2016 MDX. The ipod integration is fantastic. Did you plug it into the USB or are you using bluetooth? Use USB and then select IPOD as the audio source from the menu.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hate to say this whole system is confusing and outdated. Why in heck can't you connect to Acura with the iphone? Then you now have Apple Carplay and Acura has not even put it in the new Acuras while all the other automakers have integrated. I drove a rental a few weeks ago with it and it was great to have my phone as my Nav and control of the system. Won't buy a car without it now.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I hate to say this whole system is confusing and outdated. Why in heck can't you connect to Acura with the iphone? Then you now have Apple Carplay and Acura has not even put it in the new Acuras while all the other automakers have integrated. I drove a rental a few weeks ago with it and it was great to have my phone as my Nav and control of the system. Won't buy a car without it now.
If you rely on the phone, you will be glad to have a GPS based system when you travel in areas without reliable phone coverage. Those areas still exist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts