Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gas refill door on my 2017 MDX is not flush with the panel. The hinge side is good but the door open side sticks out past the panel. Anyone have that?

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
The gas refill door on my 2017 MDX is not flush with the panel. The hinge side is good but the door open side sticks out past the panel. Anyone have that?
I had the same thing. The dealer took care of it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Elvisfan, What did the dealer do? Sometimes I'm afraid to let the dealer touch my car as the fix has side effects like tool marks on my paint. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Dealers.. mine had a stupid service adviser try to bend the hinge with brute force. I had to tell him to stop his **** or pay for damages.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Elvisfan, What did the dealer do? Sometimes I'm afraid to let the dealer touch my car as the fix has side effects like tool marks on my paint. Been there, done that.
I try not to tell the dealer how to fix the car. I pointed it out. The dealer had other stuff to do. The we owe list. I came back a few hours later and it was fixed. No side effects. It looks good.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
It seems to be a common problem. All of the ones I looked at (3-4) had this. There was a similar issue with the second gens. I am not sure why this is so hard to get right.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
It seems to be a common problem. All of the ones I looked at (3-4) had this. There was a similar issue with the second gens. I am not sure why this is so hard to get right.
The person who is assigned that task just doesn’t care.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My 2017 MDX has the issue. It bothered me at first, but I've gradually stopped caring. I'm apprehensive to take it to the dealer... Sometimes you try to get one issue fixed and you're given two new issues, in return.

Reactions: phins2rt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2017, haven't taken it back yet. I also have noticed the gap between the hood and fender is much bigger on the left side, not sure how they plan to handle that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts