Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Acura MDX SHAWD-AWD Tech/Ent
27 Posts
I have owned two Acura MDX's a 2017 and 2019 and both developed the parking brake squeal around 35K miles. I asked the dealer and they say most MDZ's end up having this noise and it does not effect working performance. I hate it but have to think if it is the rear calipers which I think it is it will do it eventually even after replacing them. I would have thought there were more people complaining of this noise. I did hear another in a parking lot do the same thing.

·
Registered
672 Posts
My 2017 does the same, started doing it at about 30k miles. I cant hear it with the windows up so it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
2,290 Posts
I have been hearing some squealing too, but it literally happens once in a while, not frequently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hope someone can help my electronic parking brake has a squeal when it engages and disengages has anyone had this issue
I have this issue. Just came up after I took my car to the dealer for scheduled maintenance. I’m fed up with the dealership. It is a 2017. I gave them a bad review for not finding my tires being “feathered” around the edges because I specifically said to check the tires. Only 26,000 miles on the vehicle. That was Seattle. Tacoma dealership is worse. Have to find some other place to take it too.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
2,290 Posts
I have this issue. Just came up after I took my car to the dealer for scheduled maintenance. I’m fed up with the dealership. It is a 2017. I gave them a bad review for not finding my tires being “feathered” around the edges because I specifically said to check the tires. Only 26,000 miles on the vehicle. That was Seattle. Tacoma dealership is worse. Have to find some other place to take it too.
Take it to a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have this same issue on my 2018 Sport Hybrid. Sounds like I am killing a mouse every time I release the brake. From my read of the comments, it looks like dealers are essentially saying ignore it. Sigh. Wish they had a fix. I’ve heard that a similar reply about other aspects of the car. Love the car, but I do wish there were solutions for some of these issues.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have this same issue on my 2018 Sport Hybrid. Sounds like I am killing a mouse every time I release the brake. From my read of the comments, it looks like dealers are essentially saying ignore it. Sigh. Wish they had a fix. I’ve heard that a similar reply about other aspects of the car. Love the car, but I do wish there were solutions for some of these issues.
They DO have a fix, and it involves replacing the electronic actuator (solenoid) that operates the emergency brake. All well and good when under warranty (mine was fixed under warranty), but likely quite expensive after warranty expires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They DO have a fix, and it involves replacing the electronic actuator (solenoid) that operates the emergency brake. All well and good when under warranty (mine was fixed under warranty), but likely quite expensive after warranty expires.
Some customers in the chain have complained that the noise returned after the actuator change, so there was also speculation that the problem was in the calipers.
I’m heading into the shop next week where I will raise the issue with my advisor. I’ll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
2019 Mdx with Tech
4 Posts
Hi, Whatever happened to Mrkmperry with this issue? My 2019 is doing this and I think it has gotten louder since I got it back in April. I am planning to take it to the dealer too. When I put the car in park, I set the parking brake and I hear the squeal. When I turn off the engine, I hear another squeal.

·
Registered
2019 Mdx with Tech
4 Posts
Just to add another data point, my 2017 also squeals on engagement and disengagement of the parking brake. Has since about 20k miles or so. Not life altering, but annoying none the less! Mine is now out of warranty so I will live with it.

Mine is still under warranty, I will ask them about it when I go in for the next maintenance minder. I ran two tests.
1. I put it in park and shut off the car, quiet. then i put on e brake. just mechanical squeak noise.
2. I put it in park and put on e brake, just mechanical squeak noise. I turned off car, and another mechanical squeak noise but louder.
So i started shutting off the car before i put on the e brake.

·
Registered
2018 Acura MDX AWD
1 Posts
Mine is still under warranty, I will ask them about it when I go in for the next maintenance minder. I ran two tests.
1. I put it in park and shut off the car, quiet. then i put on e brake. just mechanical squeak noise.
2. I put it in park and put on e brake, just mechanical squeak noise. I turned off car, and another mechanical squeak noise but louder.
So i started shutting off the car before i put on the e brake.
Shutting off the car before applying emergency break, wouldn’t be causing mechanical break problems to the car?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts