Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope someone can help my electronic parking brake has a squeal when it engages and disengages has anyone had this issue

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hope someone can help my electronic parking brake has a squeal when it engages and disengages has anyone had this issue
Wouldn’t a trip to the dealer be in order? It’s still under warranty?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
They obviously mis-diagnosed it - time to go back to the dealer.

fwiw I haven't seen anyone else post about an e-brake squeal on this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2017 MDX is making the same noise. Took it to the dealer. They replaced both actuators. Still makes the same noises.

·
Registered
2019 Acura MDX SHAWD-AWD Tech/Ent
22 Posts
I have owned two Acura MDX's a 2017 and 2019 and both developed the parking brake squeal around 35K miles. I asked the dealer and they say most MDZ's end up having this noise and it does not effect working performance. I hate it but have to think if it is the rear calipers which I think it is it will do it eventually even after replacing them. I would have thought there were more people complaining of this noise. I did hear another in a parking lot do the same thing.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My 2017 does the same, started doing it at about 30k miles. I cant hear it with the windows up so it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,173 Posts
I have been hearing some squealing too, but it literally happens once in a while, not frequently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this issue. Just came up after I took my car to the dealer for scheduled maintenance. I’m fed up with the dealership. It is a 2017. I gave them a bad review for not finding my tires being “feathered” around the edges because I specifically said to check the tires. Only 26,000 miles on the vehicle. That was Seattle. Tacoma dealership is worse. Have to find some other place to take it too.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,173 Posts
I have this issue. Just came up after I took my car to the dealer for scheduled maintenance. I’m fed up with the dealership. It is a 2017. I gave them a bad review for not finding my tires being “feathered” around the edges because I specifically said to check the tires. Only 26,000 miles on the vehicle. That was Seattle. Tacoma dealership is worse. Have to find some other place to take it too.
Take it to a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have this same issue on my 2018 Sport Hybrid. Sounds like I am killing a mouse every time I release the brake. From my read of the comments, it looks like dealers are essentially saying ignore it. Sigh. Wish they had a fix. I’ve heard that a similar reply about other aspects of the car. Love the car, but I do wish there were solutions for some of these issues.

·
Registered
132 Posts
same noise in my 16 and now 20 at just 15k miles. Acura keeps reminding me that this is just a Honda with a lipstick afterall. Quality and customer service no where near lexus or German brands

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have this same issue on my 2018 Sport Hybrid. Sounds like I am killing a mouse every time I release the brake. From my read of the comments, it looks like dealers are essentially saying ignore it. Sigh. Wish they had a fix. I’ve heard that a similar reply about other aspects of the car. Love the car, but I do wish there were solutions for some of these issues.
They DO have a fix, and it involves replacing the electronic actuator (solenoid) that operates the emergency brake. All well and good when under warranty (mine was fixed under warranty), but likely quite expensive after warranty expires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They DO have a fix, and it involves replacing the electronic actuator (solenoid) that operates the emergency brake. All well and good when under warranty (mine was fixed under warranty), but likely quite expensive after warranty expires.
Some customers in the chain have complained that the noise returned after the actuator change, so there was also speculation that the problem was in the calipers.
I’m heading into the shop next week where I will raise the issue with my advisor. I’ll let you know what happens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts