Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
While driving on a freeway right before a hill the car will not do anything while pressing on the accelaration.
After a few second will go normal.
Any ideas what is going on ?
This is a safety issue, someone can hit the car from behind.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just to let you know, mine with the 6 spd, if I gently pressing the gas, the rpm will be stay at the same place, but the mph will increase slowly, but if I press it hard enough, rpm will increase rapidly a long with the mph

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
What drive mode are you using? (Comfort, Normal, sport?) I believe sport (or sport+) will response to your acceleration quicker and comfort mode might take some delay.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Definitely not normal from your description so it should go back to the dealer to take a look at it. Prior to taking it to the dealer, if there's a hill near the dealership where you can replicate the symptom it can help you avoid the dreaded 'can't reproduce' some techs reply with - you could offer to take the tech to the location and demonstrate the issue - or they could drive it there with you along and replicate it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s hard to duplicate the issue .
We drove 400 miles this weekend and it happened 3 times during the trip . Each time driving maybe 70 .

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yep this happens from time to time on the 9 speed, usually if you're trying to go from a slow crawl (like merging from a slow lane on the freeway to a much faster one). I've had a couple of instances where my nose would be pointed out expecting to go somewhere, but it doesn't, and then about 2-3 seconds later, it rockets out. None of the dealers I've gone to say that can be fixed, but who knows. They've reflashed the TCM a few times already.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The dealer reset the TCM I thing and they told me to drive 500 miles for the car to get use to my drive. While driving tonight I was hearing some humming noises coming from the motor and the car will not switch the gear. I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow. I personally think this car has a bad transmission.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts