Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently purchased 2017 MDX AWD (Adv+Ent) and did the second gas fill now. Its given me only 15.5mpg. This seems terribly low than EPA advertised. Do I have to give it more time and drive for the mileage to improve ?

I use the 91 octane premium top rated gasoline.

-GS

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've gotten 28 on the highway with a speed limit of 60 for a five hour trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Most people, including me, are reporting great mileage from the 3rd gen MDX (2014 in my case). The mileage will, of course, vary quite a bit depending on whether you're driving short trips around town versus longer distance freeway driving so consider that. Longer distances on the freeway, even at higher speeds of 70-75, should yield anywhere from 26-28 or so.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi,

I recently purchased 2017 MDX AWD (Adv+Ent) and did the second gas fill now. Its given me only 15.5mpg. This seems terribly low than EPA advertised. Do I have to give it more time and drive for the mileage to improve ?

I use the 91 octane premium top rated gasoline.

-GS
Did you have the auto idle stop turned on? I'm surprise that your mpg is so low. Or are you a red light racer? :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, am not a red light racer :wink: My drives have been a mix of both freeway and backroads. Did everyone that report 20+ mpg, notice it so from first fill ? :surprise:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would attempt a road trip and see what results you get, my wife has a little bit of a heavy foot she only gets 15.5-17 mpg I tend to get a little better mileage when I drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Engine has to break in... Do not expect it to give full MPGs out of the dealership.
Dealership test cars are broken in so they will report EPA MPGs right out the bat.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Also, are you driving in Comfort, Normal or Sport mode? My guess is MPG would be slight better in Comfort than in Sport

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am always in sport mode and consistently get about 22 mpg...I just came back from a long road trip and avg 25 mpg also in sport. I'm very happy with the mpg.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am driving in normal and I am getting 16 mpg in city .
Doesn't look like its good mileage, car has 1300 miles so far .
What are you guys getting in stop and go traffic

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am driving in normal and I am getting 16 mpg in city .
Doesn't look like its good mileage, car has 1300 miles so far .
What are you guys getting in stop and go traffic
Getting 19.2ish in very stop and go traffic. Driving in normal mode and I go easy on the brakes/accelerator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am getting 20.6 for the first three tanks on my new 2017 with a mix of highway and city. I am anxious to see the mileage on a road trip. For what its worth, the average for my 2008 was 18.8 over the life of the car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think it really depends on the traffic in your area. If there're lots of stops and goes this car is really bad.

If you got okay traffic in your city/town, it helps a lot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts