Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Will there be a software update to add Apple Car Play to the 2017 MDX?
Almost certainly not - at least not for any MDXs delivered thus far. Acura has demonstrated that they don't add enhancements for vehicles already sold, even if it was simple and inexpensive for them to do so. If you're buying a vehicle, Acura included, you should assume 'what you see is what you get' and not expect the types of enhancements you're accustomed to getting on your smartphone or PC. If some manufacturer breaks that mold and offers free or cost friendly enhancements for products they've already sold, then great, it would be a great competitive trend.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
2018 TLX is the first to get it and it required a substantial update to the infotainment system, both hardware and software. The next time we get an update like the TLX did is 2020.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
And that my friends is why I am dumping Acura and going to a company who is more forward thinking. I have had enough of driving a car that has tech that is over 7 years old. CarPlay eliminates the need for a navi system and overall works better with better updates. Go buy a Honda if you want more updated cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
And that my friends is why I am dumping Acura and going to a company who is more forward thinking. I have had enough of driving a car that has tech that is over 7 years old. CarPlay eliminates the need for a navi system and overall works better with better updates. Go buy a Honda if you want more updated cars.
I agree regarding Acura's technology. Not to insult the Windows fans out there, but the technology interface looks like it was designed by the same people who gave us Windows ME. A question I have about car play is whether you still have map navigation if you have no cell signal

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I agree regarding Acura's technology. Not to insult the Windows fans out there, but the technology interface looks like it was designed by the same people who gave us Windows ME. A question I have about car play is whether you still have map navigation if you have no cell signal
CarPlay juts puts Apple Maps on your infotainment screen... It's not going to work in areas without cell coverage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts