Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are differences between the technology in the 2016 vs 2017 LKAS (Lane Keeping Assist) and ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) w LSF (Low Speed Follow) functions? I'm between deals on 2016 Graphite Luster with Ebony Interior Advance plus Entertainment and the same thing in a 2017 (Modern Steel Metallic color). I don't see many differences and my local dealerships (Maryland) are offering significant deals to push out the 2016s. I found one dealership offering $56K out the door (tax tags, title) for the Advance and Entertainment.

The draw of a 2017 seems fake to me...someone convince me a 2017 is the better choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After 176 people looked at it without a reply I figured there must not be compelling evidence that suggests it is very different. Then I went and looked at a 2017. Now I own one. lol Just ordered for delivery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2016 Tech with AcuraWatch, I drove both the '16 and '17 and didn't see that much difference. I saved $3000 compared to a comparable '17 but I wish I bought the 17... I have grill envy right now.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I'm waiting for the user manuals to be released to see but I don't think there is a difference other than probably some bug fixes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looked at the 17 in person. Didn't like the grill, looks kind of cheesy for my taste and that emblem is huge. Never thought I'd say it but 14-16 grill looks classier, IMO. Said all that I'd still get the 17 for the extra gadgets alone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I test drove both the '16 and '17 before pulling the trigger and went with a '17 primarily because I love the aggressive looks and the espresso interior. The '14s, '15s, and '16s were too bland in the face and overall body for me. No offense to owners of those model years.

I was able to drive away with a '17 SH-AWD Tech for $48,281 ($200 over invoice or $3K under MSRP.) The cool thing is get to heads turning in an MDX. That I never expected.

I've already put 1,100 miles on the vehicle commuting to work in DC traffic and use the AcuraWatch features daily. I didn't get a chance to compare to the '16 AcuraWatch features.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here in Canada, the "Elite" model which is the highest trim also includes the front and rear parking sensors and surround view cameras. One of the many things that attracted me to the '17.

That and the different seating surfaces and details and the wood trim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here in Canada, the "Elite" model which is the highest trim also includes the front and rear parking sensors and surround view cameras. One of the many things that attracted me to the '17.

That and the different seating surfaces and details and the wood trim.
I don't understand your comment Im in Canada as well and own 2016 elite. So rear p.s. and surround v.c. Are part of the 2016 elite features.

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sometimes US and CDN spec options can be different. Somethings we get here in Canada might be different then the US and vice versa. The various packges even have different name. Just clarifing info for people research really.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The grills are either love or hate it seems based on a quick poll in my office. No one seemed to be indifferent.

MTD, I think vitalyk99 was just pointing out that surround view cameras and front and rear parking sensors were part of the 2016 Canadian elite MDX as well. You had mentioned that drew you to a 2017 and vitaly was pointing out they had those options in the 16.

My vehicle is 3-4 weeks out, but I got the AWD Advance with Entertainment in the dark gray. They haven't started rolling that color out which is why I have to wait. I got 3500 off MSRP and this particular dealership (in Maryland) was willing to get me an extra 2k above what other dealers were offering for my 2008 MDX so it seemed like a good win. My first new car. I've been driving used cars my whole life and giving any new ones to my wife with the kiddos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The grills are either love or hate it seems based on a quick poll in my office. No one seemed to be indifferent.

MTD, I think vitalyk99 was just pointing out that surround view cameras and front and rear parking sensors were part of the 2016 Canadian elite MDX as well. You had mentioned that drew you to a 2017 and vitaly was pointing out they had those options in the 16.

My vehicle is 3-4 weeks out, but I got the AWD Advance with Entertainment in the dark gray. They haven't started rolling that color out which is why I have to wait. I got 3500 off MSRP and this particular dealership (in Maryland) was willing to get me an extra 2k above what other dealers were offering for my 2008 MDX so it seemed like a good win. My first new car. I've been driving used cars my whole life and giving any new ones to my wife with the kiddos.
Where in Maryland did you buy it it?

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
I currently have a 2014 Tech.

I'm trying to decide between a 2016 Advance or 2017 Technology. This will be a lease and according to my calcs would cost the same per month. That's with the Advanced at 10% off msrp and the 2017 Tech at 5% off MSRP. The 2017 has a RV at 63% (guess) and the 2016 at 59%.

Am I missing something here but the 2017 Tech will not have:
Ventilated Seats
Upgraded Leather
Parking Sensors
Sun Shades (i'm not sure if the 2016 advanced has this)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Also start/stop, I can't remember if heated steering wheel was standard or an option anymore, a 2016 Advance is supposed to have the sunshades.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm trying to decide between a 2016 Advance or 2017 Technology. This will be a lease and according to my calcs would cost the same per month. That's with the Advanced at 10% off msrp and the 2017 Tech at 5% off MSRP. The 2017 has a RV at 63% (guess) and the 2016 at 59%.

Sun Shades (i'm not sure if the 2016 advanced has this)
No that is right on the money. I was in the same exact boat until I saw the redesigned hood and front grill and then I had to have the 2017 Advance. Wife was in agreement so yes it is costing a little more, but we think the redesign was mandatory at this point. I was getting great deals on the 2016s too.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I bought a 2016 Tech with AcuraWatch, I drove both the '16 and '17 and didn't see that much difference. I saved $3000 compared to a comparable '17 but I wish I bought the 17... I have grill envy right now.
I am not big on the 2017 grill but I think all of the other features make it a way better car than the 2016. I love the new LED fog lights, auto high beam, electric parking brake, the new leather seats, the much better fit quality of the parking sensors, dual exhausts, etc. I also can't wait to test drive the hybrid.

The 2017 is way better than the 2016. Damn it. I wish I could have waited but my 2011 MDX was dropping like a rock in value so I traded it ASAP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. I purchased one in Virgina this past Sunday but from a different dealership. I was able to get the Costco price. I just a 2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD with Tech, modern steel metallic exterior/ebony interior for $45,866 plus freight, taxes, doc fees and tags.... Total out the door cost was $50,307. I spent all afternoon today getting acquainted with all the features and gadgets. We luv it!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am not big on the 2017 grill but I think all of the other features make it a way better car than the 2016. I love the new LED fog lights, auto high beam, electric parking brake, the new leather seats, the much better fit quality of the parking sensors, dual exhausts, etc. I also can't wait to test drive the hybrid.

The 2017 is way better than the 2016. Damn it. I wish I could have waited but my 2011 MDX was dropping like a rock in value so I traded it ASAP.
More features, but definitely not "way better" IMO. And if you want Advance (in the U.S.), there's no chance of getting the 2nd row bench seats.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts