Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

New member! Just picked up a black 2017 MDX Elite/Advance pkg and am loving the car. Hope to learn more about it from the MDX Community!

Since my car is obviously brand new, and I live in Ontario (we get some snow!) Im looking at ways to protect the paint as much as possible as I definately want to keep the car for a good 5-8 years or more...

I was thinking of putting 3MM on front hood, and the fender but am on the fence on the merits so hoping you guys and gals can help me with the decision:

1. Since the car is black, will be doing regular highway driving etc and exposed to the canadian winters, will the 3MM protect the paint?
2. Lets say 3 years from now, I want to remove the 3MM - Will the hood match the rest of the car after a quick clean up or will the paint be mis matched?
3. Is the 3MM overall worth it or am I over thinking ? :)

Thanks all!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ Thanks for all the feedback folks.

I decided to hold back on the 3MM for now based on conflicting views....the dealer did try to push me into buying it and gave me a decent deal but I asked him to hold back.

My primary aim is to protect the vehicle and the black paint as much as possible...as I may not sell this thing for at least 5-7 years and even then will probably trade it in for a newer MDX in 7 years time so being quite paranoid about keeping my car in excellent shape without a repaint - I wanted to spring for the 3MM but it seems it may do more damage than good so Ill hold back and look for the XPel if I can find a good place nearby.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another thing to consider as well is that sometimes the clear bra install costs about $2k (here in socal) and a repaint costs around half that. I kept getting quotes for Xpel at around $1.8-2k and decided to just repaint it later since I know the bumper costs about $800 to repaint and the hood is about half that. Regional costs play a lot into the decision process, as does the paint color you have.
Yeah, I think there are pros and cons to both. I was being charged 500 canadian to do the 3MM for the front hood, fender, and side mirrors - not too bad based on the quotes I got elsewhere. They all claim the warranty outlasts the car but its hard to believe them !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.