Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the dim OEM door courtesy lights at the bottom of the doors, with brighter LED's. Does the clear lens at the bottom of the door come out or must the door panel be removed entirely to do this? I kinda tried to pry out the lens only, but stopped when I met with resistance so as not to damage the lens. Figured someone here would know.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I want to replace the dim OEM door courtesy lights at the bottom of the doors, with brighter LED's. Does the clear lens at the bottom of the door come out or must the door panel be removed entirely to do this? I kinda tried to pry out the lens only, but stopped when I met with resistance so as not to damage the lens. Figured someone here would know.
The whole fixture pops out, one side has a piece that's set in like a hinge and the other side pops out so u can rotate the fixture until it comes out. I believe u pry the side closest to the rear of the vehicle if my memory serves me right.

Once fixture is out it's a 2 piece plastic, u have to pry it apart and the bulb is inside

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
On 2019 model, pry the side toward the front of car to pop out the light fixture. I assume this will be same for 2017 model.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, dudes. I'll try it as soon as it gets a bit warmer. Has gotten cold here all of a sudden. But I can always warm up the plastic first with a hair dryer, just to make it less likely to break.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts