Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
you'd think these extra 'features' would start from the luxury avenue then trickle down to the division's non-luxury vehicle line up. But nooo, you see it from the bottom up. youll see it in the next MDX rehash probably in 2-4 years.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you'd think these extra 'features' would start from the luxury avenue then trickle down to the division's non-luxury vehicle line up. But nooo, you see it from the bottom up. youll see it in the next MDX rehash probably in 2-4 years.
The safety features did appear on Acura first though

My bet is the Honda lines are not doing as well so they shift the focus to redesign Honda. Plus there are features that can be borrowed from the Jap Honda cars.

·
Registered
305 Posts
When these features trickled down to Honda, Acura did not add anything new. The new CRV has this foot sensor to open the lift gate, it should have been with the MDX and RDX first. Same with Carplay. With the new CRV out, I don't know who's still going to buy the RDX. Acura is just an afterthought to Honda. But probably it's happening to Toyota and Nissan too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
The Honda side vehicles are the cash cows, especially the Civic, CRV, and Accord. It was more important for Honda to sell more there than at Acura.

They even said tech has been going to those vehicles first because the younger generation values tech more.

Lumbar flexibility, though, seems more critical to an older crowd, which would seemingly suffer from more back issues then young buyers. So this is definitely a misstep imo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 09 VW EOS has 4 way power lumbar support on both front seats. I guess Acura didn't have the technology 5 years later.
There're definitely lots of features that Acura is not catching up. Some executives just become a lazy bud when things sell well and have no reason to change. They want to be safe to keep their wallet secured as well.

MDX sale is obviously not so good in recent year. They should be able to tell.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
When they mentioned seat improvements, i didn't expect them to only reskin the seats and not improve on things like lumbar, thigh support, bolstering, and headrest adjustment. They have things like the headrests already, but probably no DOT approvals and no desire to spend that money.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
Your vw eos got the tech from audi, my old audi a6 from 2002 had 4 way lumbar. Acura is a nice in between full luxury and economy but you do see where acura had to compromise.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Even though Honda sells more CRV , pilot .Acura still lacks features compared to XC 90 and Lexus .
Still cannt believe MDX Nav is so outdated compared to other third row

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'll say this, in my area The MDX came in $800 less (equipped as close as I could get the two). Wife liked the features better on the Pilot, but hated that it was a mini-van with doors and felt more "plastic" inside. Her words not mine. I, of course, liked an Acura for less than the Honda.

As for the seats, I only care inasmuch as features change my experience. In the case of lumbar supports, all I can say is my MDX is one of the most comfortable saddles I've ridden in. Good enough for me. Now the infotainment system....well.....

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I'll say this, in my area The MDX came in $800 less (equipped as close as I could get the two). Wife liked the features better on the Pilot, but hated that it was a mini-van with doors and felt more "plastic" inside. Her words not mine. I, of course, liked an Acura for less than the Honda.

As for the seats, I only care inasmuch as features change my experience. In the case of lumbar supports, all I can say is my MDX is one of the most comfortable saddles I've ridden in. Good enough for me. Now the infotainment system....well.....
The seats are comfortable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts