Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum here...we recently sold our 2008 Highlander and switched over to a 2017 MDX. We used a tow hitch cargo carrier on the Highlander and wanted to switch to a roof rack cargo box. I really wanted a white INNO Wedge 665 box but*I found a great deal on this Thule Force XT L on OfferUp which I couldn't pass up. I tested fitted it this morning on my OEM style factory cross bars from ebay and the fit was great. I figured I'd share...enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum here...we recently sold our 2008 Highlander and switched over to a 2017 MDX. We used a tow hitch cargo carrier on the Highlander and wanted to switch to a roof rack cargo box. I really wanted a white INNO Wedge 665 box but*I found a great deal on this Thule Force XT L on OfferUp which I couldn't pass up. I tested fitted it this morning on my OEM style factory cross bars from ebay and the fit was great. I figured I'd share...enjoy!
Hey! I'm looking to get a Force XT L for our 2020 MDX. How has it worked out for you after a couple of years?

I only have the roof rails right now and am debating on whether to get the OEM Acura cross bars, or if I should go for a solution from Thule for a more ample fit. When you mount the box on your OEM crossbars, do you have any fit issues? Rub on the antenna or on the tailgate at all? As reported by others here, has the upward tilt of how the box fits on the MDX affected you at all?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thule Motion XT-L fit perfectly on the MDX.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I think I’m sold on the Force XT L for my 2016 MDX with factory bars. Does the box run the antenna at all? The last picture looks as as the tailgate touches when open? I assume it’s close but any issues for you? Thanks for sharing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts