Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a 2017 Advance, SH-AWD, with a bench seat, but without the entertainment system. We see no need to spend $2,000 for the entertainment system (when we live in a world with iPads), just to have the bench seats.

Wondering if it's possible to order the version with captains chairs, but then order/install the bench separately to replace the captains chairs?

·
Registered
186 Posts
That will cost you the seats and labour and you may end up with very close price. In this case, why not get the entertainment sys? you will at least get something back while you will be sure the seats are intact.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
It's perfectly sensible to not want the bundled entertainment system and it's frustrating when auto makers bundle things in such illogical ways.

Maybe it's worth checking with a dealer on this. Perhaps they'd be willing to do a swap with another vehicle since there are bound to be some people who'd prefer the chairs rather than the bench. I have no idea whether this is something an Acura dealer would be open to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's perfectly sensible to not want the bundled entertainment system and it's frustrating when auto makers bundle things in such illogical ways.

Maybe it's worth checking with a dealer on this. Perhaps they'd be willing to do a swap with another vehicle since there are bound to be some people who'd prefer the chairs rather than the bench. I have no idea whether this is something an Acura dealer would be open to.
Agree with you 100% on this. I've spoken with multiple dealers as well as Acura Client Care and unfortunately there's no way to swap or even order an Advance with the bench without the entertain system. I noticed that the top of the line Pilot also is set up this way.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you install the standard bench seat, you won't be able to sit in the center since there will be no seat belt. Installing the roof mounted belt will add additional cost. So adding the bench won't provide any advantage other than having a soft area to place items. I would prefer the bench seat (with a seat belt) there myself.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
If you install the standard bench seat, you won't be able to sit in the center since there will be no seat belt. Installing the roof mounted belt will add additional cost. So adding the bench won't provide any advantage other than having a soft area to place items. I would prefer the bench seat (with a seat belt) there myself.
Actually don't the 2017s with captain seats still have the roof seat belt? I saw it on the 2017s at the dealer.

Edit: Yep, still there

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wondered the same thing when I saw similar photos. However, I believe that those photos are of preproduction models. The production models that are hitting the street do not appear to have the seat belt installed. Additionally, I don't think that Acura would include it due to the added cost and possible liability of having a seat belt without a seat and buckle receptacle.

Check out this listing:
Cars for Sale: New 2017 Acura MDX in SH-AWD w/ Advance Package, Concord CA: 94520 Details - Sport Utility - Autotrader

Actually don't the 2017s with captain seats still have the roof seat belt? I saw it on the 2017s at the dealer.

Edit: Yep, still there

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ahhh yes yes you are right. The 2017 I saw in person was an ADV ENT, and I wrongly assumed it carried over to the NON ENTS as well. The part diagrams does indeed show the ceiling buckle going away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts