Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I’m new to the site so please go easy on me lol . I was looking at buying a 2017 Acura MDX but I’ve been told there 9 speed transmission are really bad . I was trying to look this up my self but there’s nothing recent that I can find . I was wondering if anyone here can shed some light on the for me. Thanks in advance , have a good day all .

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
The MDX Sport Hybrid was also introduced in 2017 in tech and adv versions. Brand new, the hybrid was only $1500 more than the sh-awd version. Prices should be very close to the same as the 3.5L sh-awd MDX depending on mileage. Consensus is the 16 MDX 9AT can have shifting issues and hit or miss with the 17 MDX 9AT. Seems to get more solid with the +18 MDX 3.5L versions.

You get the following with the 17 hybrid MDX:
  • 3.0L port injection V6 with 3 electric motors for 321hp/289tq
  • 26city/27hwy (my stop/go city mpgs can be higher than my hwy mpgs at 70-80 mph)
  • extra IDS Sport+ mode
  • electronic dampers for selecting comfort or sport driving
  • best sh-awd system Acura/Honda has ever produced (exact same as the RLX hybrid and NSX hybrid)
  • regen braking (brake pads that could last +100,000 miles)
  • TQ vectoring on and off engine power for more secure handling in all driving conditions and environments
  • way smoother Auto Stop-Start system (can be invisible depending on how you drive)
  • same maint schedule as the 3.5L MDX sh-awd (hybrid does use only 4.5 qt of engine oil, second cooling system for DC inverter, and different trans and rear diff oil)
Acura added Carplay for all +18 MDXs. The downsides with the hybrid MDXs are:
  • hwy mpgs pretty much the same as the 3.5L MDX
  • no towing; except, bike rack or cargo carrier (can add a full size spare and OEM hitch+harness)
  • hybrid battery hate near/below freezing temps, might get worse mpgs compared to 3.5L MDX in extreme cold because of the 3.0L hauling around +4500 lbs
  • electronic sh-awd only work below 84 mph (a little less active at 75-83 mph)
  • limited availability, jump on one if you find it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The MDX Sport Hybrid was also introduced in 2017 in tech and adv versions. Brand new, the hybrid was only $1500 more than the sh-awd version. Prices should be very close to the same as the 3.5L sh-awd MDX depending on mileage. Consensus is the 16 MDX 9AT can have shifting issues and hit or miss with the 17 MDX 9AT. Seems to get more solid with the +18 MDX 3.5L versions.

You get the following with the 17 hybrid MDX:
  • 3.0L port injection V6 with 3 electric motors for 321hp/289tq
  • 26city/27hwy (my stop/go city mpgs can be higher than my hwy mpgs at 70-80 mph)
  • extra IDS Sport+ mode
  • electronic dampers for selecting comfort or sport driving
  • best sh-awd system Acura/Honda has ever produced (exact same as the RLX hybrid and NSX hybrid)
  • regen braking (brake pads that could last +100,000 miles)
  • TQ vectoring on and off engine power for more secure handling in all driving conditions and environments
  • way smoother Auto Stop-Start system (can be invisible depending on how you drive)
  • same maint schedule as the 3.5L MDX sh-awd (hybrid does use only 4.5 qt of engine oil, second cooling system for DC inverter, and different trans and rear diff oil)
Acura added Carplay for all +18 MDXs. The downsides with the hybrid MDXs are:
  • hwy mpgs pretty much the same as the 3.5L MDX
  • no towing; except, bike rack or cargo carrier (can add a full size spare and OEM hitch+harness)
  • hybrid battery hate near/below freezing temps, might get worse mpgs compared to 3.5L MDX in extreme cold because of the 3.0L hauling around +4500 lbs
  • electronic sh-awd only work below 84 mph (a little less active at 75-83 mph)
  • limited availability, jump on one if you find it
I didn’t even think about the hybrid to be honest , something to look into for sure . Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts