Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an A/C condenser break? The dealer said it won't be covered under my extended warranty and the cost will be over $600. Not sure if this is reasonable. I never used the A/C before yesterday when temps reached the 80's and the car was blowing hot air.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it would be covered under bumper to bumper warranty but the service manager stated there is a hole in the condenser and it appears road debris impacted the condenser.

·
Registered
2017 MDX
205 Posts
Call your insurance company, this may be covered under your comprehensive coverage if it was caused by road debris. If they look at it and claim it's not from an impact then you can duke it out with Acura.

Condenser damage from road debris like rocks can happen on all kinds of cars.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I'm glad Acura's covering this - I think you got lucky here.

For the record, I haven't seen anyone post here in the last 4 years about any defect in the A/C system of the 3rd gen or a failure of the condenser.

On the extended warranty - I doubt it would cover a part that was damaged as opposed to failed - i.e. I doubt they would have covered this. Keep in mind though that the extended warranty doesn't kick in until the standard factory warranty is over - i.e. you're paying for nothing at this point if you bought an extended warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.