Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your life time avg mpg so far? Is it any close to EPA estimates?
City/highway mix, elevation change during your commune? Aggressive and late to meeting driving style or leisurely stroll to bingo parlor style?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last test of 100 mi of mixed driving I got 28.7mpg......~10mpg better than my 2010. Driving style and what driving mode you are in make a big difference.

One of these days I'll drive the same route in sport or sport+ and see exactly what the impact is. I don't think lifetime is applicable in this case as I only have 900 mi on the car.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
The mileage is impressive. Came from the city today. Mostly hwy. Avg speed. 68. The speed limit is still 55. 31mpg. I did notice that the meter shows that it is driving the front wheels most of the time. Increasing mileage. In other words even hwy mpg in the hybrid is better.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Seems that the Hybrid is showing its MPG advantages... I got 13.5mpgs today in my 2G hahaha
Any one of you have tested SH-AWD regen braking?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Seeing if there is actual "Motor Braking" in the rear wheels..
Normal SH-AWD CANT engine brake at all, SH-SH-AWD Supposedly does to regen.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Well it "supposedly" regen brake in a corner to aid cornering ability..
According to some media outlets the effect is very light braking thus its almost imperceptible.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm on my second long road trip, mileage is not up to previous experience. This trip we are pushing the speed to 80+ and seeing the mileage drop to 24mpg. I'm thinking this is a big vehicle and the drag probably becomes a factor over 80mph. Also not seeing much EV time on the Interstate at high speeds. I wonder what the speed Acura is using for their highway rating of 28mpg?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Probably 65-70...
My 2G MDX has a sweet spot around 70-75mph from where I can keep getting up to 25mpgs. But 80+? I will see a dramatic drop to below 20mpg, So if you are getting 24mpg is still great at 80+mph.

If I keep it at 60mph though? I get consistent 30mpgs under light load which is a great tradeoff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My hybrid only getting 22-25 Ave mpg. Dealer has car to chec it out. 5000 mile average on driving trip cross county was 25 but when I manually tested I got 23-24. I’ve noticed the car doesn’t always go to electric when stopped and only sometimes continues with electric for a few feet. Concerned also because gas MDX are getting 26/27 hwy. we tend to keep our cars 7-10 years and chose the Hybrid for the gas mileage.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
EPA is 26 & 27 for the Hybrid with a 27 combined.
Perhaps you are not driving in the "Ideal Conditions"?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I'm on my second long road trip, mileage is not up to previous experience. This trip we are pushing the speed to 80+ and seeing the mileage drop to 24mpg. I'm thinking this is a big vehicle and the drag probably becomes a factor over 80mph. Also not seeing much EV time on the Interstate at high speeds. I wonder what the speed Acura is using for their highway rating of 28mpg?
Unless you are coasting long distances,you will not see ev time on the highway. You will not see great mileage at 80+. You make the choice. Less time to get to where you are going. Including maybe heaven. Or great mileage.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Actually it feels real safe at 80 in the MDX. Here In UT most of our Interstate highways have a posted 80mph speed. If you're not doing 80+, you're holding up traffic.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
He is not talking about stability but rather the dangers of traveling at higher speeds....
At +80mph the MDX will become a bulk of metal if you crash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the hybrid power train deliver a smoother ride? I would be willing to forgo a few mpg from the rating if there is a performance gain. That's the idea of the dual clutch and the electric motors combining. It seems we are a couple of years away from hybrids providing both mpg and performance.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.