Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks man. I'm burned out with this brand lol
I don't blame you! My dealership service experience hasn't been good either. They rotated my tires and forgot to replace my wheel lock on one wheel.

But will have to wait and see if they even do it correctly and then I'll feel better.
I went through something similar around this time last year. The dealer replaced the tranny with a re-manufactured transmission and I still was able to reproduce the noise. Finally, they spoke to Acura and replaced it with a new transmission. It has been good so far. Fingers crossed that it remains that way.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I don't blame you! My dealership service experience hasn't been good either. They rotated my tires and forgot to replace my wheel lock on one wheel.

I went through something similar around this time last year. The dealer replaced the tranny with a re-manufactured transmission and I still was able to reproduce the noise. Finally, they spoke to Acura and replaced it with a new transmission. It has been good so far. Fingers crossed that it remains that way.
Whoa, a replacement transmission that also made the sound? Sounds like they didn't actually fix what was needed in the unit itself and marked it as good (sounds like something Best Buy does with their open box appliances lol). But yeah, I'm always afraid of remans. My last JATCO reman cost me $3k after 50k miles. Mine is coming from Ohio, so it sounds like a reman. I guess I'll drive the heck out of that thing for the remainder of the warranty and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Remanufactured unit arrived today at the dealership, so will have the car back next week.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Mdx picked up. The date code on the tranny is 01/2020 now and the warmer was manufactured in 2019. Seems to drive well but of course it is still in relearn mode. Overall pretty happy with the outcome so far. Will update again if problems present again. Hope this thread helps you all!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

161 - 166 of 166 Posts