Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I took my son's booster out from the 2nd row left side and pressed the button so the seat can move forward. The seat moved a little and stopped half way and then I can hear the motor run within the seat so I had to push it a little more so the seat is fully forward. I did the same for the other side and it moved fine. Is it because the left sided seat is heavier with "2" seats vs the one behind the passenger which is light since it fits just 1 person?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have car seat on the right side. But I could confirm that my left side works the same as yours. It could only move halfway. I guess it's because the bump under the seat due to AWD. Yours might be AWD, right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like a build quality issue. If anyone had checked with dealer, please let me know the result. I am hesitating driving 100 miles for an issue like this. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Perhaps some lithium grease would help? I saw rust on the seat tracks of new MDXes, so I assume some of you are just stuck on rust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah mine is an AWD too and it's weird that I never tried it when I first bought it as I put in the car seat on day 1 and never moved that side of the seats until this weekend. Hmm...might have to take it in to have it checked then

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Have you tried yours without car seats? Netseraph's sounds like some sort of issue taken an empty seat only moves partially, but yours may be OK without any weight on it.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Yeah probably a greasing issue then. Never hurts to slap some on, give it a whirl, and then if it really doesn't help any, toss the car to the dealer (which I hate because you never know what they'll break on the way!).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts