Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also posted this in the 2015 noise thread...

----------------------

I purchased a 2016 MDX SH-AWD last month. On the way home from the dealership I could hear a loud clunking noise coming from the rear end. I googled the problem when I got home and saw this thread. I immediately took it back to the service department the next day. The service manager and all the techs could hear the clunking while driving around the parking lot. They spent 7 hours working on my vehicle trying to find out what was causing the noise. The RIGHT REAR SWAY BAR END LINK was loose. They tightened it up and the noise went away.

I am glad they found the problem and fixed it, but I am upset that I had to take a 1-day old vehicle in for service. The dealer should have found this problem on the pre-delivery inspection and fixed it before selling me the vehicle.

For all you other MDXers with this problem I hope this information helps...

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Glad to know it's a simple problem and fix. Wish we had torque values so i could check myself. Sucks to know the Alabama plant doesn't know how to use a torque wrench.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
This has been an issue specifically with the 2016 and only on the right rear corner. The factory has dealt with this already of course, but maybe the first 1/3 of the 2016 model year vehicles might have the issue. The only good news to this is that this problem makes itself known pretty much immediately.

·
Registered
366 Posts
This has been an issue specifically with the 2016 and only on the right rear corner. The factory has dealt with this already of course, but maybe the first 1/3 of the 2016 model year vehicles might have the issue. The only good news to this is that this problem makes itself known pretty much immediately.
SuperTech, my 2016 is definitely really loud on the rear suspension. I can't imagine it's normal. I want to check this out, but my dealer is absolute garbage and dismisses any issue I bring to them and treats me like an overly sensitive spoiled brat. Rant over there. Interestingly, in my original post about assembly issues, I cited this as being on the right side which is when I found my loose muffler.

I'm extremely mechanically sound around cars and have at one point in my life pretty much done everything to a vehicle. Do you know the proper torque settings for these end links?

Thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
The only way to fix it is to fire people in the Alabama plant and start over.

From simple (can't put an emblem on straight) to complex (body panel gaps/alignment, AC screws, suspension torque, etc.) - they are a disaster which could result in harm.

Now if it tracks back to what Honda tells them, then go back up the chain. But the emblem sure whiffs of people not paying attention and QA/management being ignorant imbeciles.

You and your team (at the dealers/centers) are the last line of defense, and I thank you for everything you do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts