Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2016 MDX recently and just noticed that the rear accessory power socket that's in the truck is not working. Checked the fuse and it's not blown. Anyone if there's some button that turns it on/off? I did see a button (see picture) on the rear driver side pillar and don't know what that does. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Even though fuse does not look blown try another fuse of same amperage. Then check that 12 v is getting to connector with volt meter or circuit tester? If it does get 12 v then there is a issue with the socket being damaged perhaps from a wider plug being plugged in at some point spreading contacts or the plug you are plugging in is not correct especially if cheap Chinese adapter! If no power is reaching outlet you most likely have a damaged wire so you need to trace the wire from end to end to inspect it for chaffing or damaged insulation around the socket or if broken contact at socket.

check for power at socket:

This requires a test light or a voltmeter. If you have these tools, and know how to use them, check for power on the center pin inside the cigarette lighter socket and ground on the interior of the barrel.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You are checking the fuse box in the rear cargo area, right? Not the main fuse box at the front of the car...

Also, what is that button? I don't have it on my 2014.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't have that button on 2016 MDX, maybe a customization switch on and off?

·
Registered
552 Posts
MDX accessory sockets only work with the engine running. The rear acc socket gets power from I believe fuse 15 on the front passangers footwell fuse panel. Which fuse did you check?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You are checking the fuse box in the rear cargo area, right? Not the main fuse box at the front of the car...

Also, what is that button? I don't have it on my 2014.
Maybe dealer installed rear parking sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts