Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I change my contrast and black level on the Nav screen. What I will do is to set them such the contrast is high and black level is low so the individual elements of the screen show up better, at least for me. I've been under the assumption that it took and that what I was looking at what the setup I wanted. Waiting in the car for my wife today when I noticed that the contrast was low.

I went through the exercise of setting it back and it was ok until I started the car again. Back to what I think is default. Tried many times, where it would occasionally boot with the correct settings, but more often not, it didn't.

I think I found a work around by pressing the dimmer button, which changes the display from day to night to off. That seems to re-establish the correct settings. I understand this isn't a life or death situation; however, annoying.

Anyone else seeing this or have a solution?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. The settings don't seem to save correctly if you adjust while driving but I've noticed that it seems to save the settings correctly if you adjust it while parked. 99% of the time I'm the only one who drives the car always use the same key fob and it's fine. I noticed the other day that when my wife drove it with the other fob I had to re-set it when I left for work the next morning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue! It's not a huge issue but pretty annoying. I think what happens is that the screen gets "stuck" because if you notice the other times when you're settings remain, the screen will start off at the default setting and then flip back to your custom settings. May be the software is still booting up and it doesn't switch to your settings some of the times. Also, if you notice, it's not just the evening screen (darker) but the daytime one can also have higher contrast as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not the only one. Another issue that i've encountered with the infotainment is the auto heat cool/heat settings. They just don't work anymore. If I try to put either driver or pass on auto, it also highlights the off button as well. In any case, I have an appointment to discuss this, fit and finish and some interior noise and rattle problems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
anyone else have issues with the steering wheel motors not adjusting properly when starting? it seems to work half the time.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not the only one. Another issue that i've encountered with the infotainment is the auto heat cool/heat settings. They just don't work anymore. If I try to put either driver or pass on auto, it also highlights the off button as well. In any case, I have an appointment to discuss this, fit and finish and some interior noise and rattle problems.
What's your rattle problems? I fixed all of mine with silicone except this one rare buzz I can't seem to locate. The main issue with this car is the plastic parts are extremely dry and brittle and are frequently aligned against wood or aluminum trim. A touch of silicone where they contact works well.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's your rattle problems? I fixed all of mine with silicone except this one rare buzz I can't seem to locate. The main issue with this car is the plastic parts are extremely dry and brittle and are frequently aligned against wood or aluminum trim. A touch of silicone where they contact works well.

Rattle in the driver's a-pillar. I pushed some felt between the cover and the dash, which may or may not have worked. I haven't had the time to validate it. The primary concerns are with the rear passenger door which has a paper rustle noise in it; however, it only goes on for a very short period of time, but happens very frequently. The rears seats, in my opinion, are terrible. When no-one is back there, the seats shake. That, in itself is not the major deal. The passenger seat has a lot of backlash in the seat/back hinge, which allows a lot of loud vibrating.

All for now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting, I haven't had rattles like that, just clicking type plastic trim bits.

All of this is obviously predicated on how, where you drive, in addition to the type of road. If I was on the freeway and moderately rough roads, I'd never hear half of this stuff.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think my buzz is coming from the glove box now, I found a road they tore the pavement off and while driving on it, the buzz was there. While pushing on various bits, its stopped when I pressed against the glove box. So its a bit loose or something, going to stick a piece of felt tape where it meets the dash so its a bit tighter when closed. Cant find my tape though, lol.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think my buzz is coming from the glove box now, I found a road they tore the pavement off and while driving on it, the buzz was there. While pushing on various bits, its stopped when I pressed against the glove box. So its a bit loose or something, going to stick a piece of felt tape where it meets the dash so its a bit tighter when closed. Cant find my tape though, lol.
I saw your tape at the Home Depot :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts