Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already reported my complaint with Acura technical support, handsfreelink, as well as my own dealer Open Road Acura of Wayne, NJ.,
but everytime I get in my car and try to use my Iphone 6, I get more and more disillusioned with Acura. I am trying this method of contacting someone
since all other ways I've tried, lead only to fingerpointing.... It's Apple!!

I purchased a loaded 2016 MDX one year ago, for over $50,000. One of the most important features is my phone!!
As time has progressed, however, and with each update of the Apple 6, my phone works less and less. I can no longer listen to my voice mails,
and, randomly, my phone transfers to Private Mode, and the call goes into the ozone. It also tells me that "Bluetooth" is off, when, in fact, it is on.
Oh, and by the way, the Swap Call feature never did work.

It's strange to me, if the problem is Apple, that my phone works great in my husband's BMW and my son's Dodge Ram!
I hope the problem gets resolved soon, otherwise I will be trading in my Acura (I've been an Acura owner for 7 years now!) for another luxury
brand with a phone sytem that works! I guarentee that I am not alone in this! Just google it, and you will see!

I love my car, but I have paid a high price for seemlingly untested features of handsfreelink and Iphone 6. What will happen when the Iphone 7
is released??? ANYBODY HAVE ANY ADVICE?????

·
Registered
432 Posts
Although my MDX is 10 years older, I can empathize with your situation. When I had an iPhone 5, I had good success with HFL. The only problem was that I couldn't use Siri or voice commands through the bluetooth. I would need to switch off bluetooth in order to use these features. Listening to voicemail was hit or miss. Sometimes the HFL would pick up the signal, other times, it would say that it was connected, but no sound through the MDX's audio system.

Now with the iPhone6 running iOS 9, it is complete garbage. Because the call timer will not start counting until the outgoing call is answered, I must wait with the phone on speaker, then tell the other party to wait while I try three times or so to get it to switch to the HFL. Pretty unsafe. I have contacted Acura, Apple, and Verizon, nobody seems to be able to help me.

Of course my BMW 4-series is perfect, and never had any problems with Apple Car Play in GM products.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
First, always unpair and repair the phone after an update to make sure that we're not dealing with recent iOS updates interfering with the operation.
Then, if the problem persists, it is very likely that the iOS updates have made things worse since infotainment systems are almost always at least 1-3 generations behind. In that case, there's not much to do about it, as Acura doesn't update their infotainment systems OTA like Lexus and some other brands do (though, if you own a 14 or newer Lexus right now, you most likely have experienced the downside of an OTA update).

It's not that the system was untested, as it worked fine with iPhone 5 generation and the beginning of 6, but the smartphone world moves at light speed compared to the car world, so the longer you own your vehicle, the more issues you are bound to experience with the car tech to phone interface.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts