Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
i own 2016 MDX with Tech package and a bit disappointed how the doors are closing on this 45 000$ car. When i'm trying to close the door slightly it usually doesn't close completely and i have to open it again and slam harder to get closed.

Here's the video to show you what i'm talking about:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhm57pp63cbkq81/20150830_190331.mp4?dl=0

Does anyone has the same issue on 2015 or 2016 MDX? Dealership say it's normal but it's always better to ask other owners:)

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Yeah, usually my back doors though. The doors are definitely lighter in feel than the Audi Q7 (or actually all their cars for that matter), and even my Honda Odyssey. Weight reduction exercise?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed it as well and think it has something to do with vacuum pressure. If there is a cracked window, the door closes normally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so how to check it?
I went to dealership earlier today to check other MDXs there - and for some of them the doors are closing much easier. Maybe Advanced package or cheapest MDX version have different doors (less rubber in doorways, i don't know)

·
Registered
357 Posts
For now just slam them a bit harder. I bet with time your sills will soften up and the problem will go away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue. Dealer checked everything and said everything was the way it's supposed to be. They did however admit that mines seems to have problems closing more often than others that they compared it to. They even ordered me a new door checker that should make it a little heavier but when they went to install it they said it was the same one that was already there.... So.... No fix? Nope. :/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts