Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new here on the forum, I have a 2016 MDX SH-AWD that I just put 22" rims on. What do you guys think? They stick out slightly but it gives it a nice rugged look. They are Adventus avx-10 wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
The rims are decent. To each their own. Not what I would go for myself. Personally, I like the stock tech wheels because they hide our dinky little brakes. Consider getting your speedometer adjusted to show actual mph.

I cringe everytime someone posts their rims on car forums because everyone has their own taste and will give their frank opinion. If you like them, then that's all that matters.

edit: like the guy above my post is a shining example of what I am saying. For rims, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I think it looks good. :29:

Your car is begging for some fog lights though! ;)

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Hey everyone, new here on the forum, I have a 2016 MDX SH-AWD that I just put 22" rims on. What do you guys think? They stick out slightly but it gives it a nice rugged look. They are Adventus avx-10 wheels
Do you mind posting this and the requested specs in the wheels and tires subforum (there is a thread there called COMPILATION 3G WHEELS AND TIRES)? Thanks.

Hmm maybe i should ask a mod to move that thread to this subforum.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I like the look! I even like the suggestion of fog lights. I did aftermarket rims on my 11 MDX and painted the calipers (local shop $20 per wheel). Black calipers might look even better with your open rim/wheel combo.

What is that green stuff on everyone's lawn? I've heard stories of this stuff call "grass" you had to cut and have to wave at other neighbors and make small talk with on the weekends (live in the southwest, only grass you find is of the medical variety:D ).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the compliments guys. So far the gas mileage is the same as its been. I've had my MDX for about 3 weeks now. When I got it i immediately took the stock 18s off and put a set of 20" Gianelle puerto in matte black with Ball cut details. 20s weren't big enough for me so I decided to go with 22s. I just got the 22s yesterday and got a wheel alignment today. Here's a picture with the previous 20s.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys. So far the gas mileage is the same as its been. I've had my MDX for about 3 weeks now. When I got it i immediately took the stock 18s off and put a set of 20" Gianelle puerto in matte black with Ball cut details. 20s weren't big enough for me so I decided to go with 22s. I just got the 22s yesterday and got a wheel alignment today. Here's a picture with the previous 20s.
Just wondering what you do with all the leftover tires and rims?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
They look great! Some people like stock rims better..as for me..i dont like driving down the road n seeing the exact same car i worked so hard for. So i go extreme to be different
That's why my car is a Volvo convertible. Before that I had Saab convertibles. When we were traveling,I could go days without seeing a Saab. I guess it's good to customize them. It was just not for me.
On the other hand,before the mdx,my wife had a Lexus RX 350. They are everywhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wondering what you do with all the leftover tires and rims?
I traded in the 20s towards the 22s. The stock wheels I'm trying to sell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you guys think I should get the body side moldings? The chrome rear bumper loading protector? The roof rails and roof rack? I'm thinking it would make my MDX more rugged looking like how I have it now with the 22s.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts