Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 MDX SH-AWD on which I want to install the ATF cooler kit myself (06255-5NC-326). I reviewed the instructions and everything seems easy expect for topping off transmission fluid. The instructions (which I found on this forum, thanks!) are quite tricky. I need your thoughts so that I can do it by myself.

1) Once in VSA maintenance mode (got the Howto on YouTube), I need to run the vehicule in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4rd gear, at sequential shift mode. I don't have a lift in my garage, and I don't like the idea of running the car on four hydraulic jacks. So what about going for a ride and do these instructions?

2) We need to run the engine at idle speed until ATF temperature reaches 104 F before checking level. I own a Bluetooth OBDII adapter with Android phone running Torque Pro app. Someone on piloteers.com was able to get the ATF temp with the exact same setup as mine, but again it was on a Pilote, not an MDX. On a 2016 MDX however this doesn't work and I can't find the ATF temperature in the listed sensors. Has anyone been able to read ATF temperature on a 2016 MDX using Torque Pro app? Any other thoughts?

The rest of the instructions are pretty straight forward (remove level plug…)

Did anybody tried to drain&fill or top off a 9-speed trans AT HOME???

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I have not been able to get atf temp on torque either. Interesting how that pilot owner got it. I was planning on getting a scangauge ii just to read the temp.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 2015. I know it’s not the 9 speed, but I use a ScanGauge II and read ATF temp. Super important when towing the camper trailer.

I’ve dealt quite a bit with the folks at ScanGauge in the several years and I’m 100% confident that they would work with you to get the PID info you needed to read it, if they don’t already have it.

I even have a contact there in R&D who you could message if the need arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maximum ATF is 113F.

I have done this at home, with all four wheels off the ground (4 jack stands).

You have to steadily hold the accelerator while shifting thru gears 3 and 4.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts