Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, First post here. Appreciate in advance for the replies.
I have a 2016 MDX v6 86k miles and I'm the original owner. I recently had two lights come on 1) Blind Spot Info System Problem and 2) Transmission System Problem. The car has been driving fine and has been well maintained.

I took it to a dealer to see what's up and apparently there is a valve that failed in the transmission. The solution: new transmission. The cost: $8400.

I am at a loss because I just paid the car off, and of course, I am slightly out of warranty (70k would have been covered). I mean Acura is supposed to be a quality brand so I wouldn't expect full transmission failure under 100k. I also have seen many issues mentioned here and elsewhere regarding the 2016 transmission. Also, there is an extended 10-year warranty on certain MDX transmissions for a faulty warmer (Dealer says this doesn't apply to my issue). I guess maybe I'm venting but doesn't this indicate a systemic problem with the transmission for this car? I have a call into corporate for a goodwill repair request. Should hear back tomorrow. Do I have any hope?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there- this is a long shot- but I was curious as to what you said to corporate, as your outcome seems to be best case scenario! I seems to be finding myself in the exact same predicament- blind spot sensor warning and transmission warning lights came on, had it checked and the mechanic told me to get it to a Honda dealership right away as a new transmission seems to be on my horizon as well. My car has just over 76,000 miles and is a 2016 MDX. Sounding familiar? I was hoping I might be able to make a plea to corporate similar to yours and was wondering if you might share some of the selling points you made! Thanks for your reply in advance!

-Fellow MDX Owner

·
Registered
2016 MDX Advance
27 Posts
I have a 2016 advance MDX too. Second owner, purchased from my sister-in-law who bought it new in 2015. I don't have those messages but have the dreaded 3rd to 4th gear chirp. 102k miles. I see a transmission replacement in my future.

Following the thread and will let you guys know how it goes!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts