Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2016 MDX and am loving it. This weekend, I took my first longer trip in the MDX, and on my trip out, when accelerating from 75 - 80 mph, the vehicle had 2 periods of vibration /shaking. When I let off the gas and the shaking stopped after a minute. On my trip home, the issue did not occur at all. I also took it out again for the same type of driving and have not been able to recreate the issue.

I scheduled service, but if the issue cannot be recreated, I know it will be hard to address.

Has anyone on here experienced this with a 16 model? My guess is this seems like a software issue, but just wondered if anyone has seen this.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Many possabilities. First I would look at tires. Its not uncommon for a belt to shift causing a wobble. I have also seen where some dolt did not tighten the lug nuts down correctly causing a wobble. Its also very possible a worn CV joint.

·
Registered
911 Posts
How many miles on the X?

·
Registered
962 Posts
If it had been sitting awhile (dealer's lot) one or more tires may have developed a flat spot. That usually goes away with normal use. In any case, good idea to carefully inspect the tires for any damage, bulge in sidewall, etc. Most tire shops will do that for a small or no fee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It may have been sitting for a few months at most based on the vehicle history, but good advice on the tires.

·
Registered
911 Posts
+1 on tire balance as a place start. That low of miles highly unlikely there is a cv shaft/joint failing or one that had been replaced with a cheap aftermarket, which were my other thoughts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
He said it happened twice during high speed acceleration and it doesn't do it now. If it's tire(s) or a cv joint it would happen constantly and not intermittently. Not doing it, nothing dealer can do until it can be replicated.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have actually seen vehicles with a tire problem that only happens at certain speeds. So first I would have the wheels pulled and inspect the tires, then balance all of them again. Not cheap, but a good tire guy can do it easily enough. Smart ones will dismount the tires and inspect inside and out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts