Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with the many online questions and dealer inquiries, we finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought a 2016 MDX SH-AWD Tech in White/Ebony.

I was hesitant on the 2016 because of the 9spd "discussions" on the various boards, but after a thorough test drive (I understand only so much can be deciphered on a test drive) and some faith in the Acura brand (this is our fourth Acura), we felt comfortable with the decision.

This was a very quick shot at dealer...more to come...especially when I get 20" or 22" wheels ;)

One positive is that the factory 245/55/19 tires will fit on my 2006 19" wheels perfectly...so I will basically get a new set of tires for my 1st gen.:D

Our 2006 MDX Touring w Navi (148K miles and still going strong)...

His (black) and hers (white). Probably should take out a loan for our gas bill. Ha.

Speaks volume about the brand that we can happily have vehicles 10 model years apart (and they don't look it)... (I posted this on the "other" board, so it's a duplicate for those on azine)...

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats from one 2 MDX family to another!
2015 MDX Tech SH-AWD (wife's)
2014 MDX Advance SH AWD (Mine)

2013 MDX Tech (wife's) SOLD
2011 MDX Advance Mine SOLD
Isn't it funny how the wife always gets the newer one?? :29:

Wait until you go 2016+, no shifter is weird. Although after one day, I started getting used to it (and liking it)...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Isn't it funny how the wife always gets the newer one?? :29:

Wait until you go 2016+, no shifter is weird. Although after one day, I started getting used to it (and liking it)...
Gotta keep the wife happy! She has a white one, and wanted the black interior but it was not a choice on the 15. She has the Eucalyptus. Had a TLX loaner with the buttons, it does have its advantages.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well, with the many online questions and dealer inquiries, we finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought a 2016 MDX SH-AWD Tech in White/Ebony.

I was hesitant on the 2016 because of the 9spd "discussions" on the various boards, but after a thorough test drive (I understand only so much can be deciphered on a test drive) and some faith in the Acura brand (this is our fourth Acura), we felt comfortable with the decision.

This was a very quick shot at dealer...more to come...especially when I get 20" or 22" wheels ;)

One positive is that the factory 245/55/19 tires will fit on my 2006 19" wheels perfectly...so I will basically get a new set of tires for my 1st gen.:D

Our 2006 MDX Touring w Navi (148K miles and still going strong)...

His (black) and hers (white). Probably should take out a loan for our gas bill. Ha.

Speaks volume about the brand that we can happily have vehicles 10 model years apart (and they don't look it)... (I posted this on the "other" board, so it's a duplicate for those on azine)...
Congrats! Glad you did a test drive and made your own decision.

I have the 9 speed and love it. It is the reason I bought the car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took another quick one tonight...our 1G and 3G...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$45210 before ttl?
$45,210 for FWD, $46,210 for AWD. That's the best I could find in OC CA (actually including parts of LA) over the past 3 weeks. I was comfortable with that price.

Obviously I opted for AWD.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Ah I see. Well congrats! I'm sure we'll pass each other one day in the sea of MDXes we have here in the OC (but still very few white/ebony!).

Wish I caught them before they stuck on the front license bracket, like you did.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah I see. Well congrats! I'm sure we'll pass each other one day in the sea of MDXes we have here in the OC (but still very few white/ebony!).

Wish I caught them before they stuck on the front license bracket, like you did.
I'm planning on putting a set of tasteful 22's, so hopefully my MDX will stick out amongst the other aquatic MDX's in the sea ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha ditto. Vossen VFS2 probably here though.
Let me know what you decide and where...the wife (I've created a monster) is picky and wants black or dark grey, so I'm weighing my options and am curious what others go with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts