Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2016 MDS SH-AWD with the tech package and am looking at what I can do to help with throttle response. It's either incredibly unimpressive from start in comfort/normal whether in D or S, or almost too much from start in Sport/Sport. I'd like to put a cold air intake in it, but they don't seem to be available. I doubt I'd do much to it...I'm a 4runner guy, this is just my daily for a year or so until my wife takes it over.

It's a pretty fun car to drive, definitely SUPER comfortable and handles quite well.

What have you guys/gals done to yours to make them a little mo' betta??

Matt

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm not aware of any mods available for the MDX...I mean there might be some out there, but in all likelihood they do nothing to improve the car. When I drive ours, sport is the setting I use. You'll acclimate to it over time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You bought the wrong car to mod unless you want to do some cosmetic changes. I have done nothing but put an Otter phone holder on the dash and add some OEM mud guards. Not exactly baller stuff.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Matt,

I personally have not tried one but you could look into Pedal Commander or something similar to help with the throttle response. I vaguely remember reading someone try one out on here but I couldn't find it with a quick search, perhaps it was on Acurazine.

Also, the transmission learns your driving habits to determine the shift points. If you bought a preowned vehicle, your transmission might be shifting more relaxed if the previous owner drove the car like a grandma. You can also search the forum for how to reset the transmission, though it shouldn't be necessary because the car will adapt to how you drive over time.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Pretty much limited to:
  • brakes,
  • rotors,
  • rims,
  • tires,
  • upgrade speakers/sub,
  • add Carplay with Grom or Navtool,
  • LED for and/or LED interior light upgrades,
  • cosmetic stuff like ceramic coating and PPF, and
  • OEM/aftermarket hitch (brake controller, trans cooler).
The +17 MDXs have standard cosmetic and performance upgrades like:
  • the A-Spec cosmetic upgrades with sporty bumpers with round exhaust tips, ventilated seats, blacked out look, red gauges, A-Spec rims (5X120 for +17 MDXs) and alcantara trimmed interior.
  • Sport hybrid with 321hp/289tq, Sport+ mode, larger front brakes, and electronic dampers
  • +19 MDX Adv with active dampers
  • PMC MDX (Adv+A-Spec+special paint job)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Pretty much limited to:
  • brakes,
  • rotors,
  • rims,
  • tires,
  • upgrade speakers/sub,
  • add Carplay with Grom or Navtool,
  • LED for and/or LED interior light upgrades,
  • cosmetic stuff like ceramic coating and PPF, and
  • OEM/aftermarket hitch (brake controller, trans cooler).
The +17 MDXs have standard cosmetic and performance upgrades like:
  • the A-Spec cosmetic upgrades with sporty bumpers with round exhaust tips, ventilated seats, blacked out look, red gauges, A-Spec rims (5X120 for +17 MDXs) and alcantara trimmed interior.
  • Sport hybrid with 321hp/289tq, Sport+ mode, larger front brakes, and electronic dampers
  • +19 MDX Adv with active dampers
  • PMC MDX (Adv+A-Spec+special paint job)
An aftermarket hitch should be considered a downgrade imo

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
An aftermarket hitch should be considered a downgrade imo
I would only go for an aftermarket hitch that hangs below the bumper if price was an issue, no wiring harness needed, no trans cooler needed, and it was only for bike rack or cargo carrier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts