Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My local dealer offer the following service package and don't know if it's a good deal

60 Month Package for $695

- 10 oil and filter changes
- 10 tire rotations
- 1 set of wiper blade
- 1 Complimentary tire mount & balance
- 1 Ultimate detail
- 10 mile to smiles car wash
- 1 Touch up paint
- 1 Aquapel glass treatment
- 1 Flat tire repair
- $50 off wheel rim repair
- $20 off 4 wheel alignment
- 15% off acura accessory purchase

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Not worth it. If you drive anywhere more than 10k miles a year, you will be done with this package sooner than you think. A DIY oc with synthetic oil can be as cheap as $35 these days anyway. Wiper blades are around $30. Tire mount and balance can be had with many shops with the purchase of the tires, and many are lifetime balance too. Rotations are also an easy DIY item that often come complimentary with major tire chains. Touch up paint just but the Honda branded of your color. Can be had from $8-20 depending on your color. You have a flat tire kit in your MDX and tires repairs are usually free at major chains. Aquapel, well you know the drill. A good spray will be cheap to buy, little time to spray and wipe. Wiper blades, such a cheapo DIY thing. Ultimate detail? More like ultimate scratches and swirls. 15% off accessories? Much cheaper when you buy online at the likes of ebay or oemacuraparts.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I am not a DIY person, but I think this is high. I believe my dealer charges about $45 for just an oil change. What they are trying to do is get you into the dealership for all your service. Having prepaid for the oil changes essentially locks you into them for service. However, this price does not include the other required fluid changes, filters, etc that will show up on your Maintenance Minder. No telling how much they will charge for those.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Maybe if you intended on keeping the vehicle for that period of 60 months. Also consider time spent at the dealership...priceless, and the BS that they come up with ex. you need new brakes, tranny flush, brake fluid flush, and other $$ making schemes in their favor.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all advises.

I had an 04 MDX before I got the 2016 MDX and have done all oil + filter changes by myself, I should be able to do the same for this one.

I stopped by Discount Tires yesterday and paid $130 for tires warranty including all tire rotations and balances so I'm good to go, no need to pay for this expensive package like everyone said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts