Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's not heater core but the box that controls the air flow to different vents is probably stuck open. In my case, they replaced the heater core as well(don't know why). I guess Acura pays what ever the dealers say is broken.

I was under impression that when AC is on, there won't be any hot coolant flowing through the core. Looks like that's is not the case with MDX.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2015 MDX - When A/C is off in the back, hot air is blowing thru back vent. Since I am out of the warranty period, is there any DIY suggestions I can do to fix this issue?

·
Registered
386 Posts
i have a the 2014 MDX and if i set the HVAC to sync, and the front temperature is set to 77 deg or so, the rear will blow warm air. it is only once i go down to 71-72 deg do i feel cool air blowing.

and, yes, on hot days, where the front dash becomes a cook top--mind you, i use the windshield shade from acura, which does ok job--the car does take time to cool down.

sh!t sucks.

hopefully there's a fix without needing to pull the dash out.

·
Registered
600 Posts
the AC is sensitive to outside air temps. If it is 70 outside, the inside is 75F and the AC is set to 71, it won't blow cold until I lower the temp to under the outside temp.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
20 Participants
sgkent
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing