Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's not heater core but the box that controls the air flow to different vents is probably stuck open. In my case, they replaced the heater core as well(don't know why). I guess Acura pays what ever the dealers say is broken.

I was under impression that when AC is on, there won't be any hot coolant flowing through the core. Looks like that's is not the case with MDX.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2015 MDX - When A/C is off in the back, hot air is blowing thru back vent. Since I am out of the warranty period, is there any DIY suggestions I can do to fix this issue?

·
Registered
391 Posts
i have a the 2014 MDX and if i set the HVAC to sync, and the front temperature is set to 77 deg or so, the rear will blow warm air. it is only once i go down to 71-72 deg do i feel cool air blowing.

and, yes, on hot days, where the front dash becomes a cook top--mind you, i use the windshield shade from acura, which does ok job--the car does take time to cool down.

sh!t sucks.

hopefully there's a fix without needing to pull the dash out.

·
Registered
712 Posts
the AC is sensitive to outside air temps. If it is 70 outside, the inside is 75F and the AC is set to 71, it won't blow cold until I lower the temp to under the outside temp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 w/ advanced package. I noted within the first year of ownership that the rear would blow warm air when the front and rear were both set w/ AC on. The front would blow cold air which felt like it was consistent with the setting. If I turned off the rear AC, the front would blow only somewhat cool air, but not cold. I took the car to the dealer when it was slightly older than one year and it was checked and I was told that was apparently just the design of the car. Unfortunately I didn't do anything more about it because I rarely had anyone else in the back seat. When I drove my son to New Orleans this past August, he was in the back for about 17 hours and was absolutely miserable. I checked back with the dealer when I returned home and I was told this is now a known issue and that there may soon be a recall, but if I wanted to get it fixed right away, it would cost about 2 grand. The warranty is well beyond expiration with 175K miles.

Maybe I'll wait for the recall, but seems like a ridiculous problem that's not associated with something that actually went bad, since I don't remember it working any other way.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The dealer is yanking your chain. This has been going on for 6 years. It’s not safety related. There is no chance of a recall.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, don't count on recall for this. Mine had rear blowing hot in summer with AC off, Acura took care of it even though mine was little over 50k miles

21 - 27 of 27 Posts