Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 MDX: Passenger side mirror: the "braille" method of backing out of the garage.

This morning my wife used the "braille" method of backing out of our garage, and the passenger side mirror snapped. The glass is intact; it just seems that the assembly that you would fold in is not attached to its base anymore. It is dangling by wires.

Is this a "take it to the dealer" issue? It almost looks like it should snap on. Does anyone know how it attaches?

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Got any pix? From the parts diagram, which isn't very clear, it does not look like it can just snap back on. Pictures might better help us figure that out. It looks like there are three screws that go from the base into the housing, but I can't tell where the rotation element is. It looks like it might be on the base, so you might be able to just buy a new housing if it's not reusable.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Manera posted this in another thread: http://www.mdxers.org/forums/attachments/third-generation-mdx-2014-present/88770d1485447142-best-source-shop-manuals-power-mirror-actuator-removal-installation-2441.pdf

But I can't see from the pictures nor the manual pages that I've found how the mirror portion is attached to the base. Does anything look snapped off on the portion that sticks up from the base into the mirror (this is the mirror actuator part)?

from the PDF.

Page 1, part (D) is the bracket that holds the mirror enclosure, and part (C) is what holds the actual mirror within the enclosure. at least that's how i can interpret it. you might not be able to find just the bracket part of the mirror and enclosure that attaches to part (D) in the PDF. unless you go to the junk yard for one complete side mirror and just take the internal parts and brackets out. despite the color being different from the junk yard. you can take the parts, and small parts that are different color will just have to be painted.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Had the same exact thing happen with my wife's Odyssey a few years ago. Searched online for the same color and generation Odyssey at a local junk yard, and found one 15 minutes away. I gave them a call to make sure they had it. Purchased the whole assembly for $50, and was able to install it in 10 minutes. It is simple plug and play. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts