Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had this issue where the Navigation/Computer on my MDX just keeps turning off and on every 30 seconds or so. When it restarts, everything is frozen (I cannot see trip info or scroll the menu).

Luckily, I do have access to my thermostat, but I only have like few seconds to change before computer restarts and everything is frozen again. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have a short clip of the video below (the engine was on the entire time):

At the 0:02 mark of the video, the computer system turns off, and reboots. Computer system reboots again and goes dead again at the 1:06 mark.

I took it to the dealer and they said it was a software issue and an update would fix the issue. I left my car at the dealer and they later told me that my car did not take the software and would have to replace the whole unit. The part is currently backordered I am waiting for the replacement. I do have a loaner car but thought I'd share this with my fellow MDXers. I've had this car 2 years and this is the first issue it's given me.

The part is suppose to come in next week and I'll report back.

On a side question--Should I ask for the transmission update as well? Seems like there was a service bulletin about it.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
^^ As long as the vehicle's just sitting there at the dealer and you're going through all this trouble anyway, they may as well update everything that has an update available for it - if there's an update for the tranny then I'd want it put on.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Wow that's a new one...

And yes, ask for the trans update if you can (just tell them you are experiencing jerkiness and make sure it's not your coolant mixing with your ATF lol).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been 9 days since I dropped off my MDX and thought I'd give a quick update: I called the dealer to ask them for a little clarification. They're going to replace the hard drive (not the whole navi/touch pad--I misunderstood). Still waiting for the part and they could not give me an accurate ETA. The best they can say is "sometime next week".. However, they mentioned the installation should be quick once they receive the part.

Also sent an email to the service manager regarding the trans update. Told them about the symptoms I'm having and attached a pdf copy of TSB 15-054. Will see if they can do the update and I'll report back on the update thread.

Thanks Neoshi and mdxstang for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.