Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that when the Vehicle is idle, in drive mode, especially with the air on that it does not idle smooth? From day 1 I noticed that mine will bump and almost feel as if it will die out when idling in drive for 2 or more minutes. Dealership adjusted valve and while it improved some it is still noticeable. Now they state it's a normal characteristic. please pay attention and test yours out.... I don't think this is normal...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that when the Vehicle is idle, in drive mode, especially with the air on that it does not idle smooth? From day 1 I noticed that mine will bump and almost feel as if it will die out when idling in drive for 2 or more minutes. Dealership adjusted valve and while it improved some it is still noticeable. Now they state it's a normal characteristic. please pay attention and test yours out.... I don't think this is normal...
I assume you do not have the auto stop/start feature which is on the advance models? My two MDX are fine but they are a 14 and 15.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our 2016 MDX has been doing this since day 1. Now 1 month old. Taken to dealer 3 times, last week they readjusted the valves, improved but not resolved. Any one else? Any known fixes to this issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
2016 MDX loaner with 3,000. Miles also was doing it. Sometimes rougher than ours. So far, Acura has no explanation or fix. Have not acknowledged this to be an issue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The auto start/stop models (advanced) have rougher idle than the regular ones. The tech version we have idles much smoother than the advanced model we have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To clarify:

1. 2016 MDX loaner with the issue: base model, no idle stop installed.

2. 2016 MDX advanced (ours) with the issue: so far reproduced consistently even with idle stop disabled.

3. 2016 MDX advanced with idle stop tested at dealer for comparison: no issues.

Hoping this is a computer ignition map issue to be identified by the engineers. Hope others with the issue report it to Acura so they work on a fix.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The auto start/stop models (advanced) have rougher idle than the regular ones. The tech version we have idles much smoother than the advanced model we have.
Mine idles as smooth as butter, it also restarts without any violent shakes like some other members reported.

·
Registered
190 Posts
my MDX does not have this idle issue but a friend of mine had the issue. It was so bad the car was actually stalling, sometimes at major intersections and they got to the point where they didn't feel safe in the car anymore. Dealer couldn't resolve it. They gave car back to the dealer and got a 2016 MDX, I think they had to pay up a bit but they wanted to get rid of the car and of course Acura customer relations told them it is not their problem and that it must be resolved at the dealership level. It seems like it doesn't matter if you had an early build in 2013 or a 2014 or 2015 build. Some come off the line a lot better than others and for whatever reason no one on the assembly or the computer techs can solve it. At least that is my take on it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
RE: "Mine idles as smooth as butter, it also restarts without any violent shakes like some other members reported. "

Same here, 2016 MDX... idles very smoothly, although it does have some rear suspension noises...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts