Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
spare tire kit.

That link above, the wheel will not fit and lug wrench is too small. I believe it's for a 1st and 2nd gen. I bought a 2018 with no spare bolt pattern is 5X120. I ordered a kit off Ebay and Amazon and the wheels didn't fit. So... since I bought four 22''s I'm using the factory 20" (which is the same height)as my full size spare. I wanted two jacks for easier rotation. I do have an extra tire lift with 5 bolts if you want it. PM me [email protected]

·
Registered
870 Posts
There is no "cavity", just a cable hoist. I'm pretty sure this kit has everything you need, and it's probably cheaper than trying to get the individual parts piecemeal, even if you don't use the compact steel wheel. Note the 18" just refers to the OEM wheel size on the vehicle, and the safety sticker is the only thing different from other versions.

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/oem-p...0PXRlY2gtc2gtYXdkJmU9OS1zcGVlZC1hdXRvbWF0aWM=

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thanks. I'll check it out.

But I thought that kit was for the interior?

Isn't there a set of brackets to hold the tire underneath the frame?
The spare is suspended underneath the vehicle. The tire hoist protrudes through an opening in the floor, inside the storage cubby.

There are a couple of stand-offs that protrude from the floor to make contact with the spare, but I think they are installed on all models. I think this is one of them:

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/oem-p...0PXRlY2gtc2gtYXdkJmU9OS1zcGVlZC1hdXRvbWF0aWM=

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use chocks and there is no danger with hoisting just to clear the wheels on level ground with two jacks. If I was using jack stands, why would I need two jacks? I wouldn't... less work, way quicker and just as safe.

to geraldcasephd:
Like I said, the link above will not help you, the spare wheel that comes in the kit will not fit a 2016. I have a spare hoist, easily installed with the included 5 bolts (reread my post above)

I would suggest getting a full size wheel 5 X 120, the size of whatever you wheel/tires are now.

My 2018 came with 20" wheels and it fits underneath fine.

You can get the jack and wrench at Walmart.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I would never use the scissor-type jack that any car manufacturer includes in their kit unless I had no other option available to me.

I certainly would never do a tire rotation with them! (especially not two).

Get a decent floor jack. There is a jack point in the front and rear that you can use to lift both wheels of the axle off the ground. DO NOT DO THIS WITH A SCISSOR JACK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.