Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

On 04/14/16 I had my first service maintenance minder and took it into the dealership for service. About two months ago the car got its battery drained by some unknown short, it was charged again and never experienced an issue since then. Today the car showed up the "B16" maintenance code. The car currently only has 1,460 miles, according to what I have been reading this code should not show up unless it has reached the 10k break in period.

I spoke to two dealerships and both told me that a B16 service has no mileage trigger and there is no way the sensors could be faulty unless the car was rear ended. The last service was less than a year ago, is this normal and what do you suggest?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
You've had the car over a year and you have 1460 miles on it? Several of these reminders also are triggered by dates. I have a Florida car. Since I don't hit the mileage,the notice comes on in a year from the last one. Several cars have done that.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm assuming you have a sh-awd MDX. The "6" code is for replace rear diff OR rear diff is low. I usually go around 30,000 miles between rear diff oil changes on my RDX and MDX. It wouldn't hurt to have Acura check it out to make sure it wasn't underfilled from the factory or there might be a leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts