Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2016 MDX and is being annoyed by the buzz noise from the driver window almost everyday. See the photo.

The symptoms are described below:
1. Only occur when the temperature is below 40F
2. Occur on high-way only. The faster I drive, the louder the noise gets.
3. Push the glass inside and the noise is gone.
4. Open/close window on highway and the noise is gone for 10 seconds then comes back.

I checked the door/window seals. They are all in good shape. No gaps, no peeling.
Dealership cannot reproduce it as the temperature wasn't below 40F when I dropped off my car. I will need a loaner so I cannot forecast the weather when scheduling an appointment.

Does anyone here have the same problem as mine?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Your photo refers to the safety belt mechanism, not the window.
Suggestion: when it happens again, record it on video.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, I have a 2016 MDX and is being annoyed by the buzz noise from the driver window almost everyday. See the photo.

The symptoms are described below:
1. Only occur when the temperature is below 40F
2. Occur on high-way only. The faster I drive, the louder the noise gets.
3. Push the glass inside and the noise is gone.
4. Open/close window on highway and the noise is gone for 10 seconds then comes back.

I checked the door/window seals. They are all in good shape. No gaps, no peeling.
Dealership cannot reproduce it as the temperature wasn't below 40F when I dropped off my car. I will need a loaner so I cannot forecast the weather when scheduling an appointment.

Does anyone here have the same problem as mine?

Thanks!
I have the same exact problem. I only hear it on the highway as well. It's a faint noise but it's definitely there. I've had my 2016 MDX for a little over a month. I didn't notice it until a couple of weeks in when I had my radio off.

I thought it could be some seal or "it is what it is" which would be unfortunate if it is a design flaw. If it gets worse I'll say something to the dealer the next time I am there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same exact problem.

Highway driving speeds when it's cold outside. Usually for us, it's below 32. I live in Minnesota.

They didn't do anything for us either.

A design flaw with the window gasket. If I press on the window it goes away too.

I'm disappoint in the fit and finish of the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have an early build 2014 MDX. I have the same problem in cold weather. The dealership adjusted my drivers side door and while the sound is still there, it is not as loud. But now I have to really make sure I close the door firmly.
It is the rubber seal/trim around the window that makes the sound. It is flimsy and it seems that most people that live in cold climates with good hearing are aware of this issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.