Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2016 MDX and is being annoyed by the buzz noise from the driver window almost everyday. See the photo.

The symptoms are described below:
1. Only occur when the temperature is below 40F
2. Occur on high-way only. The faster I drive, the louder the noise gets.
3. Push the glass inside and the noise is gone.
4. Open/close window on highway and the noise is gone for 10 seconds then comes back.

I checked the door/window seals. They are all in good shape. No gaps, no peeling.
Dealership cannot reproduce it as the temperature wasn't below 40F when I dropped off my car. I will need a loaner so I cannot forecast the weather when scheduling an appointment.

Does anyone here have the same problem as mine?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Your photo refers to the safety belt mechanism, not the window.
Suggestion: when it happens again, record it on video.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, I have a 2016 MDX and is being annoyed by the buzz noise from the driver window almost everyday. See the photo.

The symptoms are described below:
1. Only occur when the temperature is below 40F
2. Occur on high-way only. The faster I drive, the louder the noise gets.
3. Push the glass inside and the noise is gone.
4. Open/close window on highway and the noise is gone for 10 seconds then comes back.

I checked the door/window seals. They are all in good shape. No gaps, no peeling.
Dealership cannot reproduce it as the temperature wasn't below 40F when I dropped off my car. I will need a loaner so I cannot forecast the weather when scheduling an appointment.

Does anyone here have the same problem as mine?

Thanks!
I have the same exact problem. I only hear it on the highway as well. It's a faint noise but it's definitely there. I've had my 2016 MDX for a little over a month. I didn't notice it until a couple of weeks in when I had my radio off.

I thought it could be some seal or "it is what it is" which would be unfortunate if it is a design flaw. If it gets worse I'll say something to the dealer the next time I am there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to record it several time, unfortunately, the road noise was loud enough to cover this noise in my videos.

Your photo refers to the safety belt mechanism, not the window.
Suggestion: when it happens again, record it on video.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same exact problem.

Highway driving speeds when it's cold outside. Usually for us, it's below 32. I live in Minnesota.

They didn't do anything for us either.

A design flaw with the window gasket. If I press on the window it goes away too.

I'm disappoint in the fit and finish of the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I notice same noise, when I push the window it goes away, but never paid attention as I think it applies during all temp, just only at highway speeds.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have an early build 2014 MDX. I have the same problem in cold weather. The dealership adjusted my drivers side door and while the sound is still there, it is not as loud. But now I have to really make sure I close the door firmly.
It is the rubber seal/trim around the window that makes the sound. It is flimsy and it seems that most people that live in cold climates with good hearing are aware of this issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts